THIS STARTS NOW

Juliette was exhausted after their last period, for some reason. Nothing physically taxing or whatever. The only classes they had where they actually had to do anything physically exhausting was DADA and Care of Magical Creatures. Charms too, sometimes, when they had to dodge a wrongly charmed object aimed at their faces, but nothing too much. At least, for her. She's a demigod and her brother dearest, Alabster Torrington had trained her to fight monsters every summer and holidays when they spent the both of it together. They had their moments too, free of those wandering whackjobs every once in a while, but most of the time that was what they do.

As taxing as it usually was, she couldn't deny it was a great exercise.

But this time, it wasn't her body that was exhausted. It was her mind. She didn't know why. Despite the fact that she'd accepted the quest, found out that there's a prophecy and had Professor Longbottom at her ear for almost ditching Charms (almost because it was coincidentally cancelled), nothing much happened. But when she reached her bed in the girls' fifth-year dormitory missing dinner, she already passed out before she even completely set down her things.

She thought sleeping would do her good, at least, until midnight (she could easily sneak to the kitchens after their meeting anyway). Gods, she didn't know how completely wrong she was for thinking that.

She was standing in the middle of a house's living room. It looked old, like, a-few-decades-ago old, except refurbished. It looked familiar to her. Heck, it felt familiar. The wooden walls with emerald-green wallpapers and the crimson-red carpet. The glass tabletop and the cushions and the sofa. Juliette let out a longing sigh. She remembered now. This was her old home. The home she lived in before Alabaster, before everything in her life turned upside-down. This was were her dreams lived.

Before, she used to cry when she was in these flashbacks. The older she got, though, the tougher she was. Now, that feeling of wanting to cry just turned into a deep, feeling of depression that made her just want to sit in one of those cushions and wallow in the past forever. She knew she could have if she wanted to. She could have let it all go. She is a daughter of Hecate, after all. But there were times... Times when she wondered why she didn't take that opportunity a long time ago.

She watched as memories passed through in a flurry of images. She watched as a father and a daughter played mock-sword fighting with the silverware, the girl yelling and jumping on the sofa and the father hysterically laughing with that usual amused and slightly mischievous gleam in his eyes. She remembered the first time he taught her to fly and she accidentally smashed the chandelier.

It kept on like this for a long time and the longer she stayed there, the more she wanted to stay again. It's been a long time since she'd been in one of these... But the thought was grabbed out of her mind when it happened.

Juliette froze, even in her dream state as she watched the windows shatter with the green and red flashes of light going through it. Everything started to break; her dreams and paradise started to break. That was the day her life broke apart.

She tried to look away as it happened, but she couldn't. She could ehr the screams and the pleads and the evil cackles of laughter. She could feel what was being done to both her and her father. And then...the final burst of green light. She couldn't help it, she screamed. But nothing came out of her mouth. Instead, it came out of the little girl that was in her memories, bruised, torn and traumatized as she watched her only relative being torn from life.

Everything blurred. It must have fast forwarded again, but Juliette didn't care. She was too busy wiping the useless tears that was running down her face. She didn't want to let go of any more tears. She'd let go of too much. Even her dreams weren't private. Their was always that someone prying into her dreams, a whacko god of some sort. She didn't want to see anyone dying. Not even Alabaster.