Worth It?

I ran to the room but hesitated in front of the door, heeseung came after me panting, passing out in the nearest chair.

I knocked and opened the door, dad sat their and waved at me with a smile, I sat and held his hands onto mine.

"Did you panic? It's fine." he said softly. But I could feel myself scared of him, he made my heart race by the way he jently patted my arm.

The same one he would whip.

"Am sorry I wasn't there." I said and he shrugged and laughed.

Heeseung walked in and sat next to me.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Sometimes my blood pressure goes really high." he said simply.

"Oh... If you want, I can help you in finding a perfect diet. I can work with a friend of mine. He's a nutritionist." Heeseung said and dad waved his hand a no.

"I own restaurants. I won't go on a diet." he joked.

Heeseung talked more to dad, but my mind was somewhere else. I could feel my head getting heavier, but I just ignored it.

"Aeri?" Dad said waving a hand in front of my face.

"Yess? Oh..."

"Are you OK?" Heeseung said.

"I think I will go to the cafeteria and get some coffee, May I?"

Heeseung nodded at me and I left, I went outside to take in some air, a hand massaging the other and running over the clothes as I felt suffocating.

I hate him so much that I wanted him to die... But now I can't. I don't want him dead. People went by all the time, a hand tapped my shoulder and I turned to see Sunghoon.

"What are you doing here?" I asked after recovering my voice.

"Your dad asked me to come over because he want to... Make a will." he said softly while rubbing his nose bridge.

"oh..." I felt myself feeling horrible again.

"I know am not supposed to tell you this... But I have to. You know you're not the only one mentioned?"

"He mentioned Minho too." it was a statement. I knew he would, Minho was always his favourite.

"He gave you the company but, Minho will get the mansion and the hotel."

I nodded while trying to act like I don't care. At least he mentioned Minho in it.

"Thanks Sunghoon." I said. "He's probably waiting for you." I said heading back inside and seeing Heeseung standing there, he walked to us and said an awkward hi to sunghoon who replied and followed me to dad's room.

I waited outside as dad, Sunghoon and the lawyer talked. Heeseung came quickly with a cup of steaming tea. We sipped the thing down in silence.

"What's inside?" he asked.

"Dad is making a will."

"Am sorry."

I just wanted to be gone. My head rested on the wall behind me, Heeseung took the empty cup with his and went to throw it.

"What's this hospital by the way? It's big." he said.

"Its xxx hospital." I replied.

"Should I work here?" he said and the hair in the back of my skin pricked. He is serious.

"Why?" I asked.

"Lee Aeri. I told you that I like you." he said innocently and I hated him.

Sunghoon walked out and sat next to me, I closed my eyes to try to focus on the good side.

If Minho realizes that he is going to get such big mansion under his name he should come now. And take me with him if he still wants to.

"Aeri." Sunghoon said and I could feel his arm brushing against mine.

"I know what you're going to say so save it. I don't know where he is." I told him.

Heeseung face twitched, he must have thought he's the only one he knows about it. Sunghoon nodded politely and continued to type an email in his phone.

"How's the new branch going?"

"It's good. We still have to work on it. In two months we can expect it to open." Sunghoon replied.

"good."

I stood up and both of them did as well, they looked at me and then at themselves.

"You don't have to follow me." I told them and went outside. The cool breeze hitting my face and hair.

My phone shook in my hand as I called him for the first ime in an year.

It took a few seconds before he replied, I couldn't contain my cry and sobbed.

"Aeri? Oh my god." we didn't talk for a long while only cried and saying unaudie stuff.

"Come back. Please." I whined.

"I... I can't. If you want am going to take you-"

"Dad is dying... Please come home." I said sniffing and wailing like crazy.

"D-did he beat you again?"

I didn't answer and cried instead while holding myself in a ball and crying in the middle of the street.

"He is giving you the mansi-"

"I DON'T WANT IT... am sorry, don't cry. Just apply the cream. I'll come back and take you. Its not worth it." he said and a small beep was heard.

I put my phone down and felt his hands digging into mine, his body so warm as he let me cry in him.

Sunghoon's arms held me captive in his bear hug as I cried my lungs out, people in the street looked at me and how loudly I cried. But I don't care.

"it's fine. The doctor said he can still live." he whispered onto my hair as I softly punched his chest repeatedly.

After a long while I realised he was no longer there, he ran quickly with cute painted cup of coffee in his hands and gave it to me.

"Its okay. You're okay." he said softly patting my back as I gulped the whole thing down.