Sleep

My alarm rang so loud I jumped, I turned it off and flinched to see him sleeping on the sofa. How come he didn't wake up?

I ignored that, and showered, changing to this...

I hesitated before patting his shoulder, he hissed standing and stretching up, he looked at me up and down

"You're pretty." He said making my heart flatter before he took the keys above the table.

"I'm going home, see ya!" he said kissing my cheek quickly before running out making me frozen.

"Who... WHO? gave you permission..." I said debating with myself before shaking my head and going to have breakfast before going to the hospital.

I ate quickly before running to the car, the driver raced off and I started to ask myself to act normal.

I knocked the door twice, before opening the door, My eyes doubled at his look, his sharp eyes he looked ethereal as always.

"Hey, Aeri." Hyunjin smiled.

"Huh... Oh, hi" I replied awkward and took the chair next to him, I smiled encouragingly at dad, he did the same.

"How did you sleep yesterday?" He asked.

"good, and you?" I asked trying to not give Hyunjin any of My attention.

"Great... Hyunjin here heard from his Step Mum about me. So he said he would pay a visit."

"That's kind of you." I said turning to him.

"We are family, aren't we?" he said.

I couldn't help but scoff loudly, I realised my mistake and looked at dad, but his eyes narrowed and I knew my mistake.

"Sorry." I said scared.

"but we are." Hyunjin insisted, "Your Mum and My Step Mum are one after all."

"That's right. Am sorry." I said it again trying not to sound like am pleading or anything, Dad eyes looked at me with that cold gaze.

The door opened and Heeseung walked in with a lap coat, my eyes doubled again and I stood up, he smiled at me and went to dad.

"How are you feeling?" He asked dad with his eyes on ms, and for a second I felt like he's talking to me, I lowered my gaze and sat down.

"Great. Seemed like you started already." Dad told him.

"Of course, I will do anything for Aeri." he said smiling at me, I looked at them back and forth.

"I know the owner of the Hospital, Heeseung asked for a job here and I helped with it." dad answered my look.

"oh... That's great to hear. Congratulations." I said showing him my brightest smile for no reason. He placed a hand on my back and guided me outside.

"What's wrong?" he asked me when we were finally out.

"What do you mean?"

"you looked uncomfortable, I mean you always look uncomfortable but something is off."

"umm... The guy inside, I was very close to him, but my mum divorced dad because she liked his dad. So we don't talk a lot, it's awkward... Dad adores him. I don't know why." I said frustrated.

"You know why." Hyunjin replied confidently, "I was the son that listened to him when his didn't. After all Minho was-"

"Shut up!" I snapped at him and a few faces turned our way.

"You will never be like Minho. Don't even dream about it."

He laughed and nodded his head, mockingly. I tried to walk of but he held my wrist. Heeseung pushed him and pulled me behind him.

"You can talk without touching." he said a slight hint of annoyance in his voice, Hyunjin smirked and pointed at me.

"She's my step sister. You don't tell me what to do."

"You're not acting like a step brother. Act like it." Heeseung pointed.

"Aeri come here." he said pulling and pushing his index finger.

"No." I replied, and walked off with Heeseung behind me, I must have been so scared seeing how my hand is sweaty and index is trembling.

Heeseung went to the café with me, he got me a chocolate cake.

"Eat it." he said. "you need energy."