𝟏𝟐 - 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐒

Alhaitham shifted through the several papers that were lying on his desk

Alhaitham shifted through the several papers that were lying on his desk. Once he had deemed all of them as irrelevant, he shoved them into his bottom desk drawer and moved onto the next stack. The amount of business proposals he was receiving was growing considerably larger after the article about him and his wife had been released. The silhouette trick had worked like a charm, the paparazzi capturing several images from that night that made them appear like a married couple.

Even with everything going according to plan, he couldn't help but feel weary. It was harder than he thought it would be to communicate with the woman he had picked to be his 'wife' due to the fact that he lacked experience.

"Alhaitham," a smooth voice roused him out of his thoughts.

Ayato had barged in uninvited while Alhaitham had drifted off.

"Don't you realize that it's rude to barge into someone's room completely uninvited?" Alhaitham inquired, his voice dripping with annoyance. "I'm in the middle of working."

He shrugged his shoulders. "You've always been able to multitask, so there's no issue."

"Why are you here? You should've scheduled an appointment," Alhaitham picked up another stack of proposals.

"That's rude," Ayato's flippant smile faded. "But I've never been one to care much for pleasantries, nor are you. The reason why I came is because I found some information about your wife."

He immediately froze. "Anything that you have to tell me is something that I already know. You have no business prodding into my wife's personal life."

Ayato's violet eyes were searing through him as he let out a small laugh. "Even if I told you that she was connected to the issues in your family?"

What?

Rendered speechless, Alhaitham stared up at Ayato in complete and utter disbelief. He must be lying in an attempt to throw me off.

"It's impossible for that to be the case," he shook his head, "if you came here with no intent other than to deceive me, I suggest that you take your leave immediately."

Ayato lifted a file up in his hand. "I've gathered all the information necessary by means which you can never access. This holds all the truths to the matters in which your family was sent into shambles."

Alhaitham felt irritation surge up in his chest. He has the audacity to pry into my family and then bargain with me for what I should rightfully know. He's definitely a businessman.

"Mr. Kamisato, I request that you leave my office at this instant," Alhaitham clenched his hands into fists, "or else I will have to call security."

Waving the folder into the air and turning around, he shot one last glance over his shoulder. "I thought I told you that you could call me Ayato. We're friends, aren't we?"

Outside of business, yes. But one major rule in the grand scheme of things was that personal relationships come after the benefits of your company. If sacrifices had to be made, they would be. Ayato at work was completely different from Ayato outside of work. One had to understand that with the way life operates, hard decisions will have to be made. In order to maintain a good relationship with Ayato's company, he would have to set aside the occasion that occurred today, and just hope that he wouldn't attempt to pry further into the matter or get in touch with (Y/n).

There's no way that she has anything to do with what happened back then. The best thing to do would be to act like this never happened.

Although Ayato wasn't one to jest, Alhaitham didn't want to have to make the matter more complicated. So long as his and (Y/n)'s
relationship remained on a professional level, there was no need to know about the connections that she had to him or his past.
At that moment, he remembered the breakfast she had made that morning— the smile on her face as he complimented her cooking. He let out a sigh, shoving the irrelevant memories out of his mind. It's my duty as her boss to keep things at a professional level.

Allowing interpersonal relations to bleed into this situation would be catastrophic for both her and me.

And so, as always, Alhaitham sealed his resignation down into the depths of his mind, building a wall so that it would never, ever, surface into his frontal thoughts. Once it did, it would mean that these insignificant yet peaceful moments would come to a conclusion.

I have to remember I'm her boss, therefore I am in a position of power higher than hers. I must not take advantage of that.

With a monotone expression, he put the proposals he had sifted through in the bottom drawer of his desk.

There, of course, has to be an overarching plot in this to add more angst mwahahaha. I have been planning and also scrapping a lot of ideas for where this story is going to go, but I think I've finally figured it out. I hope you all enjoy! Also I can't believe that we're getting so close to 1k followers :') it's actually insane thank you guys so much for the support with everything. <3, Wasabi