𝟑𝟔 - 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐌𝐍 𝐃𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

hi guys just a heads up that i'm going to come back and edit this chapter later as i wrote it in the middle of a migraine! if some sentences are structured weird that's why ^^

 "Shit!" Alhaitham slammed his hands down on his desk. (Y/n) hadn't contacted him for an hour since their phone conversation which likely meant that things went wrong. And if that was really true, then she was in grave danger.

Kamisato Ayato was still under the supervision of the police so the best assistance he could garner was by asking his secretary for help. Ayato's company had several connections throughout the city that would be beneficial whereas Alhaitham wanted to speak to the police and potentially get their help in the process. With how the police were, it would potentially take a few hours before they actually went out to search.

Hiyori Shimoda was oddly compliant with his request, simply saying that she had figured that this situation would potentially happen. He tried calling her once more only to find that the call was forwarded directly to voicemail—another alarming sign that she was in harm's way. They had both agreed to turn on location sharing for each other in terms of emergency, but the last signal her phone had given was on an incredibly populated street. A few of his agents had thoroughly scanned the area for her and came back with nothing, meaning that Yeong-su had likely discarded or destroyed the phone entirely.

His phone screen lit up as a notification from Shimoda arrived in his inbox.

Dear Mr. Alhaitham,

The files detailing Yeong-su's background information can be found below. Although I understand that sharing this information means that you could likely spread it without much consequence, I request that you keep this information confidential from the public in respect to the rules of confidentiality provided by the country.

Anyhow, I am not supposed to be sharing this with you, so I implore you to please keep this matter private. I hope you can find your wife safe and sound.

Regards,

Shimoda Hiyori

Alhaitham tapped on the file sent and was greeted with a familiar template he had grown accustomed to seeing when performing background checks on his employees. His report was the epitome of average, having gone to an average school with no complications or imprisonments. Overall he seemed like a perfect candidate to be a detective's assistant with his spotless record and diligent work ethic. All of his family members were alive and he seemed to have no personal affiliation with (Y/n)'s father from what the papers were describing. Is he being blackmailed?

He drew his tongue along his lips in frustration. The only option now was to contact the police and attempt to search for (Y/n) with numbers but considering her father hadn't even been found, the idea didn't seem all too appealing to Alhaitham.