𝟐𝟖 - 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐑

After hearing the truth of the initial reason Alhaitham approached me I decided it would be best to give myself some space from him for a little while so that I could process the whole ordeal

After hearing the truth of the initial reason Alhaitham approached me I decided it would be best to give myself some space from him for a little while so that I could process the whole ordeal. Even though he did it for the sake of his job it still broke a decent amount of the trust I placed in him. Looking back on it I almost wished that I had shown more retaliation rather than just apologizing in front of him, but unfortunately I was in too much of an emotional state to do so. On top of all that, I couldn't simply eradicate my feelings for him or toss them into a black hole so they vanished into a calamity for the rest of time...

Last night Shikanoin Heizou had contacted me by email requesting to meet with me at noon. At the time I had forgotten to respond because of the whole Ferris wheel shenanigan, but I made sure to wake up early the next morning to affirm his message.

Dear Ms. (Y/n),
Yeong-su will pick u up at your house. He'll get there in fifteen min'
—Heizou
Sent from my aPhone

Heizou definitely has an ethic. Whether it's a work ethic or not is... debatable.

Alhaitham was out at the office, so I could thankfully steer clear of him for a little while longer. I wasn't mentally ready to face him so soon after I had an emotional breakdown in front of him.

Yeong-su's black car pulled up in the driveway. It was quite eccentric considering how laid-back and professional he seemed during my few interactions with him. While I didn't know much about cars, I knew that sports cars cost a pretty substantial amount more than a regular car.

I double-checked my appearance in the mirror before rushing out the door to greet him. We exchanged greetings as I opened the car door and sat in the passenger's seat beside him.

The interior of the car was just as nice as the outside. There were practically no stains or dirt-marks as far as I could see. The car also had a lot of advanced features that I had never seen and a slick smooth layout.

"It's impressive how clean you manage to keep this car," I commented while continuing to ogle at the car's beauty, "it looks like it came straight out of the dealership!"

"Thank you," Yeong-su smiled lightly. "I try my best to keep the car as clean as possible to avoid losing my dexterity. Perhaps it is simply psychological, but I tend to feel more at ease when I drive in a clean car rather than a dirty one."

I continued chatting with Yeong-su on the drive there. Surprisingly, he was easy to talk to, conversations progressing from one topic to another as naturally as the seasons changing. I was expecting him to be super up-tight and professional but it almost felt as if he was my co-worker.

"Alright, we've arrived," Yeong-su turned off his car and opened the door, smoothly hopping out.

I exited the vehicle and glanced towards the gigantic building that we had parked in front of. It must have had at least twenty stories with how high up it went, clear glass windows surrounding the stony-gray walls.