𝟐𝟗 - 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐄.

Today was the big day

 Today was the big day. Despite all the darkness that had been going on in my life there had been one thing I had been looking forward to, desperately waiting for as if my life depended on it.

The new otome game, 'Heart&Soul,' was released by the biggest otome game and drawn by one of my favorite artists. The game was set in the modern world with five romanceable options: the boss of the company you work at, the boss of the rival company you work at, a famous actor, and a freelancer. While the freelancer seemed kind of...strange at first glance, he had an amazing character design as well as one of my favorite voice actors.

The boss of the company's route was the first recommended one on the tutorial website I had booted up on my phone. I started up the game and played through the common route.

Just as I was about to head off into the boss's individual route, a knock sounded at my door.

I froze up. It was most certainly Alhaitham at the door—I could tell by the way he did three quick consecutive knocks before entering without permission. Chucking my console under my pillow and pulling my earbuds out, I sat up immediately to face him.

"Um, hi," I smiled awkwardly. "Do you need something?"

His pale chiseled face was painted with a rather conflicted expression. "If possible, could we speak for a moment?"

Maybe he should have asked that BEFORE he opened the door.

"Sure," I nodded hesitantly, a bit scared of what he was going to say. We had hardly exchanged any words with each other since the truth had been revealed on the Ferris wheel, plaguing the conversation with a rather uncomfortable air.

I looked up to him, about to say something more, but the expression on his face caused me to stop short.

"You... are you alright?" he asked quietly.

Confused, I stared at him inquisitively. "I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" Perhaps I was simply putting a bottle on my emotions—but even so, it was better off that way. If I just kept acting like nothing bothered me I would be able to gain the leverage to move forward. I didn't even realize that I was bothered by anything until he reminded me of it. The gurgling pot of thoughts that was tucked in the back of my mind seemed to be on the verge of spilling out. Suddenly, I was reminded of the call from my mother and Alhaitham's warm embrace.

He was deceiving me—I ought to not show my weakness to him again. It was almost tempting to fall back into blindly trusting him, to place his word above anyone else's, even the detective's; however such a blind and gullible mindset would cause me to be swindled for information once more. In order to become someone that I would be proud of, I would have to stop living in a daydream and start to face my weaknesses.

All I'd done so far was cry and pity myself, so much so that it was almost laudable. I couldn't keep relying on others, I needed to learn to stand on my own two feet. To make my own path for myself, to gain dreams and aspirations of my own...