𝟐𝟔 - 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

Hello everyone! The editing process has not been finished yet, but I'd like to summarize what's been changed so that this chapter makes a bit more sense (it's nothing major)

--The MC (Y/n) has acknowledged her feelings and come to terms with them, which will be more consistent in upcoming chapters. 

--Not many changes for Alhaitham, mostly just altering the dialogue to be more in character (slight changes to some romantic scenes such as the fever scene

--The plot (including the case details) hasn't been changed. The chapter will still make sense without rereading :) (Y/n) is just a little more aware.

--I saw some people wishing for more progression in the story as well. I promise that there will be development in (Y/n) and Alhaitham's relationship, I just want to make sure that it doesn't come out of nowhere :). The last few chapters have been a little plot-heavy because I want to make sure that the mystery has a proper setup, but now that the exposition has been set there will be more events occurring that are relevant to the case as well as the main character's relationship. Because of Alhaitham's character, I feel like he's not the type that would fall in love instantly, it would take time for his feelings to develop in full. Because of this, there may not be any smut for a little while, because I want to make sure to establish their relationship first. When the snusnu does come, I will try to make there be multiple instances of it, but the only snusnu I've written has been from Service I think lol, so I want to make sure it's worth the wait. I promise that their relationship will develop. The reason why (Y/n) can be very contradictory to her own actions is that, in reality, she's been going through a lot of stuff, which has messed up her mental state and caused her to constantly doubt herself and others. Despite her sometimes acting self-confident, deep down she is very insecure and desires to be held by another person, thus her being bold sometimes and pushing away others. Thank you for 130K reads on this story! It's actually insane. Anyways, I've rambled too much now lol. I made a chapter on the longer side as an apology for the wait, hope you guys enjoy it. Also there may be spelling errors because my computer has been glitching and stuff so I don't really see when I mess up typing. :') 

I'm also writing a Kaveh ff muahahaha -Much love, Wasabi <333

The more you know something the more you know it. Rather straightforward, correct?

The closer you get, the bigger it becomes.

The bigger that thing gets, the more it consumes your thoughts.

The more it consumes your thoughts, the more you allow it to consume everything else. Your morals, your rational mind, your sincerity.

Alhatiham felt himself torn between two options he could take, a fork in the road in which each course would lead to entirely different endings.

He didn't care much when he sacrificed things that were once important to him, as eventually, they would be replaced by something that is either of the same or increased in value. He was adamant on that ideology. He would only grow attached to replaceable things, objects that could be traded for one that's far better in every way.