ch10:the aftermath

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Where am I?

Beep

Beep

Beep

I….can't remember much.

Beep

Beep

Beep

I feel like I'm……..slipping?

Beep

Beep

Beep

That noise, it getting slower

(Faded voice)

I hear something else

Beep

Very faded:"y/n hold on"

Is someone, calling me?

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Even more faded:"HES CRASHING, STARTING COMPRESSIONS! YOU! ADRENALINE! GET THE ADRENALINE NOW!"

I was shot right?

Am I still alive?

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

It hurts

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep 

Y:"GAH!"

???:"AHH!"

Y:"AHH!"

Now you may be confused as to what's going on here, the weird beep slowing down and increasing and the voices in a void along with your own thoughts. Well I'll tell you what it is. The beeping was your heart monitor because you were shot, and after almost dieing, you jolted up from your hospital bed to come face to face with a random man in scrubs and a white coat. After yelling in his face after waking up you startled him causing him to yell as well which startled you.

And then your instincts kicked in and you punched him.

???:"OW MOTHERFUCKER"

Y:"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU"

???:"IM THE DOCTOR TRYING TO SAVE YOUR ASS YOU DICK"

After a couple of moments of calming both you and the man whose jaw you almost broke from all the adrenaline, he was able to explain what happened.

Doctor:"well mister l/n, you were struck twice with 2 stray bullets into the abdomen. After we got you here we were able to get you stabilized but just barely. You lost a lot of blood and we didn't have your blood type available at that moment, not even O negative. After some talking with your job we found a person with the same type as you and they volunteered immediately when we explained the situation. We had to do a emergency blood transfusion so that you could remain stable, but we weren't able to give you a lot because that other person needed their blood as well of course. so the blood we did give you kept you stable but you were sent into a coma for about 4 weeks now."

Y:"4 weeks? I better get workers comp for this"

Doctor:"you are actually, the place where you work is paying all the bills."

Y:"good, also wait. You said I got a transfusion from someone at the asylum right?"

Doctor:"yes, a volunteer. One named Vanessa Trilock"

Y:"of course she would"

Doctor:"well since I'm done her for now I'll be on my way, press this button if anything happens"

And with that the doctor left the room

Y:"damn, who knew getting shot sucked so much"

Sarah:"well I guess you would know now especially since you were shot twice"

Y:"AHH"

And just like what you done to the doctor when he scared you, you done the same to Sarah out of instinct and adrenaline

Only this time you didn't feel so bad about it

Y:"Sarah?"

Sarah:"OW YOU ASSHOLE! YOU KNOCKED A TOOTH OUT"

y:"WELL YOU SCARED ME ITS NOT MY FAULT"

Let's just fast forward past the part where you 2 tried to kill each other

Y:"so why are you here?"

Sarah:"well believe it or not I was actually concerned about you. I feel stupid and I feel like it's my fault for letting this happen. Both me and Amy did. Sure she new about the power outage probably happening, but I am head of the doors and basically everything electrical. I should have made sure everything would have been fine and everyone was strictly guarded that day just in case, but I didn't. And now that guard is dead. She just started yesterday, and you almost died too."

Her eyes started to water as she talked, she was on the verge of breaking down.

Y:"hey Sarah, don't let it eat you up. It's as much as everyone's fault as it is yours. The board members could have made sure to let you know. Amy forgot. I don't watch the news. And there was no way for you to tell if power would have suddenly went out. Hell you were even giving out a warning on the intercom before it happened. You done what you could."

Sarah*sniff* " yeah I guess your right, your not a bad guy y/n"

Y:"well I'm glad to hear you think that. Now will you stop putting salt in my coffee from now on"

Sarah:"haha, no."

Y:"oh get fucked"

Sarah:"oh also I wanted to ask you something, since you know about phycology and all"

Y:"yeah go ahead"

Sarah:"since you got Vanessa's crazy blood in you do you think, you know. you'll Be getting all stabby-stab?"

Y:"well if I get the urge to stab anything other than you, I'll let you know"

Sarah:"got ya"

She got up from her chair and started to leave

Sarah:"well I got to get to work, I'll let everyone know your fine"

Y:"hey wait! Before I woke up, when I was about to die. I heard a woman's voice tell me to hold on, was that you"

She stood silent at the door frame for a while before looking over her shoulder at the reader with a slight blush on her face

Sarah:"just…..just get back to work when you can, dummy"

And with that she left

End chapter