Chapter 28- Clothes, Silly Faces, and Ski Masks (DC Crossover Part 9)

(*Pokes head out from the abyss of Writer's Block Hiatus and slowly slides new chapter into the outside world*   Enjoy, My children.    *Slinks back into the darkness to slowly work on the next chapter*)

"Why am I here again?" I asked as I hopped over a large pothole on the pavement below me.

"Because Tim doesn't want you near any buttons until he and your uncle figure out what parts of the machine to disassemble." Dick explained with a yawn.

"Yeah, I know that much. I'm talking about the whole going to the mall thing. Do you guys have evil people to beat up in the food court or something?" I glanced around our surroundings to try to spot any sort of brightly dressed villains.

The sun was just barely rising over the horizon yet there were already tons of people piling into the large shopping center. Dick walked beside me to my right while Cassandra was to my left. Both wore what I liked to call the Avengers Attention Getup. Hoodies with hoods over their heads, a cap, and sunglasses- an outfit combination that tried to be low-key, but just drew more eyes to you.

I thought back to what the Avengers had said before we left. With the machine needing technical modifications I didn't understand, I had Iris Messaged Bruce and Tony to help- them being in the Avengers common room at the time with Steve, Nat, and Clint. They all lectured me for a bit before Tony began asking questions about their invention. He and Bruce never had the chance to see it completed or test if it really would have worked.

"Does it teleport things like it was supposed to? I really wanna stick it to the wizard and prove we can teleport too if we want to." Tony asked excitedly.

"Tony!" Steve frowned disapprovingly. "Now is not the time-"

"Come on, Rogers. You know you want to know whether it works too." Natasha grinned.

"Sorry, but you guys only invented a giant death donut. It's already taken a life." I frowned.

"It killed someone?!" Bruce's eyes went wide in alarm, the other avengers being no better from beside him.

"Yeah. I hope that little teddy bear rests in peace." I put a hand over my chest and pretended to tear up. "Such an honorable sacrifice."

"Damn it, kid. Don't scare us like that." Tony growled, making me laugh a bit as I moved on.

We decided it would be best for me to leave the IM for the geniuses in the cave to work with them. However, I couldn't be in the cave for much longer afterwards.

"Sorry to have to ask this, but do you think it's possible to have one of your kids distract Percy for a while?" Bruce asked Wayne quietly, clearly not wanting me to overhear. As if that'd happen.

"What for?" I challenged.

"Percy, you and I both know you're gonna start going crazy as soon as you get bored. We don't need you pushing anything else until it's ready." Bruce deadpanned. "I also don't need to be telling Fury to pay for collateral damage in another dimension."

"Fine! Whatever." I huffed, stepping away from the rainbow on the wall. "I'm going to leave the IM on so you guys can talk science to each other. I'll see you guys after my little playdate, I guess."

"Have fun, Percy." Steve gave a little wave before jumping back a little when a sudden blur of red and yellow went past me to stand by the IM in my place. The Flash, AKA Barry, was standing before the Avengers with a clipboard in his hand and a face filled to the brim with curiosity.
"Oh god, another speedster." I heard Clint mutter as I turned away, making me snicker to myself.

"Hey, I'm the Flash. You can call me Barry. I just wanted to ask if you knew anything about this kid's DNA. The sample we took off him was something I'd never seen and..." Barry rambled and I zoned him out.