Chapter 12- I Videocall the Underworld

Percy's POV

Finding some leftovers in the fridge, we began our little "feast", eating a mountain of food in comfortable silence. Unfortunately, this let me start to think about my mom again. I've decided. It's time.

"Uncle Bruce." I called as we began washing our dishes. He hummed in acknowledgement.

"I have something I need to show you in my room." I announced, trying to hide my sadness as best I could. He gave me a confused look, but I Vapor Traveled the two of us to my room before he could ask questions. I left behind the water to wash the rest of the dishes for us.

I sat down on the bed and emptied my pockets of the gifts onto the bed, searching for the right one. Bruce sat across from me, lifting up a few of the items cautiously. He'd look at them for a few seconds before placing it back down carefully like it would explode, which I didn't blame him for since my pen could turn into a sword just from getting uncapped.

When I finally found what I was looking for, I held it in my palm with great sadness welling up in my chest. It was a golden ring embedded with a variety of different jewels. A gift from Uncle Hades. I gave Bruce a small sad smile, which made him give me a worried expression in return.

"These are the gifts the Gods gave me when they made me an immortal 8 year old." I announced, holding out the golden ring to him. "This is from Uncle Hades...."

I hesitated to say the next part, not trusting myself to not cry or have my voice crack.

"It...has the power to let me talk to the dead once every other month." I stated, my voice low. Bruce's eyes widened, but he didn't say anything and allowed me to continue.

"I've been holding off on using this gift...It felt like if I used it, then I'd be accepting that everyone really died and went to Elysium. I think I'm ready now, though..." I smiled weakly, holding back my emotions inside me. Bruce placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. I took a deep breath before letting out a quiet laugh.

"Mom's going to be sooo mad that I've held off talking to her for almost a month." I joked, making Bruce chuckle.

"Hopefully she's not too mad at me either."

I nodded and looked down at the ring in my hand.

"Underworld" I said in Greek, making the ring glow a bright yellow. It then shifted into a small black cube the size of a Rubix cube with skull designs engraved into the sides. At the top was a hole with a bit of glass covering it.

I laid the box on the bed on its side so the hole was facing the wall beside the bed, just as Hades had explained to do when he first gave it to me. Soon enough, a projection began to show on the wall, making Bruce's eyes widen. A certain boy with pale skin and wearing all black was standing at the front of the 'screen'. Nico.

He was currently playing with Cerberus like you would any other dog, a large red ball in each of the heads' mouths. Behind them were the fields of Elysium, as beautiful as ever.

Far in the distance, I could make out three familiar figures that looked like Thalia, Zoe, and Bianca. They were too far for them to be able to make out much, but from the look of it, I could tell they were having a picnic and actually getting along well. The sight the five, including Cerberus, lifted my spirits immediately.

"Nico!" I called, gaining his attention. He turned to face me, but he had a look of confusion on his face.

"Who are you?" He asked, making me snicker.

"Why, have you forgotten already, dear cousin? This Beautiful face of mine? I'm the great Persasseus Jacksasson." I smirked, placing a dramatic hand on my chest. Bruce let out a quiet chuckle from beside me. Nico's eyes widened before he doubled over in laughter.