Chapter 5- I Fight My Boredom With a Bear

"Alright, who's hungry?" Steve called out, suddenly in the kitchen area. Within seconds, everyone but Bruce and I began shuffling toward the kitchen. I poked his face, snapping him out of his little trance.

"Let's go eat. I'm starving." I grinned. He smiled weakly and nodded before setting me down on the ground.

Leading the way into the kitchen, I realized why Bruce was hesitant in wanting to go into the kitchen. As soon as I walked in, everyone that hadn't seen my little makeover yet stopped and stared.

Natasha and Wanda stood up and walked over to me. Wanda picked me up and suddenly started hugging me tightly, squeezing the air out of me. Natasha watched with an amused smile.

"He's adorable~!" Wanda squealed, her accent heavier than usual. I can't breathe!

"Definitely. Maybe if I ask nicely, Bruce would let me keep him." Natasha joked, smiling warmly at me.

"Wanda, I think you're killing him." Pietro warned, though he didn't look up from his food. Wanda immediately released me, allowing me to breathe again. I coughed and gasped for air.

Gods. I nearly died.

"Percy, you can't die. You're an immortal now. It would do you good to keep that in mind." My father's voice echoed in my mind.

"Oh right. I forgot."

"Sorry, Percy. I lost my composure for a moment." She blushed a bit at her actions as I nodded in acknowledgment to her apology. I dangled limply in her arms, trying to regain my energy and a steady breathing pattern. Meanwhile, I watched as Bruce attempted to walk in without being noticed, but he failed miserably.

Tony had called him out, showing him some pictures on his phone that I couldn't see. When he noticed Bruce's face was covered in markings, he burst out laughing and began taking pictures of the two of us. As Wanda put me down, I watched as everyone started teasing him.

Sighing, I took a seat at the table and wolfed down a plate full of food. I didn't realize how hungry I was. Food is the best thing in the world!

When I finished, they were still teasing my poor uncle. As I washed my plate, I smiled to myself as an idea came into my head. After putting the plate away, I ducked into the empty space under the sink so the Avengers couldn't see me.

Quickly Vapor Traveling to my room, I fished out my Mom's cookie recipe before Vapor Traveling back to my original spot under the sink. Slipping back out, I smiled as no one had noticed my disappearance.
Taking out the ingredients, I watched as the Avengers finally cut Bruce some slack and went back to the table to eat.

Natasha, Bucky, and Steve were the first to notice me in the kitchen, but I put a finger to my lips to keep them quiet. They nodded subtly and returned to their dinner.

After what felt like forever, I opened the oven and allowed the smell of fresh baked cookies to come out. They all took notice of the smell and turned to me as I took out the trays of blue cookies. Their faces seemed to light up.

"COOKIES!" Pietro, Peter, Clint and Tony cheered.

"So that's what you were up to." Natasha smiled warmly.

"You've been making cookies this whole time?" Bruce raised an eyebrow.

"While they were bullying you, I finished eating and figured why not?" I giggled as his face flushed a bit.

Sliding the cookies from the trays onto large plates, I could feel their eyes burning into me. I'm the 8 year old here, but they're the ones who're acting like kids.