Chapter 7- What's 7+8? 15... I Think

Heading over to the actual workout area, I shook away the negative thoughts in my head. I need to get stronger. Finding some dummies to the side, I smiled weakly to myself. Maybe this will work?

Looking down at Ash, I made a little shooing motion, gesturing that I was going to need a bit of space. She huffed, but otherwise waddled over time to play with the small 2 pound dumbbells.

Taking out Riptide, I took on a fighting stance. Keeping it in pen form, I began slashing the air as I would when it was uncapped. I continued this for about 5 minutes until I sighed with annoyance. This is stupid. I need an actual opponent to spar with if I want to get better.

I put Riptide into my pocket and went over to the pool, Ash following right behind me. Sitting at the edge, I stared down at the clear water.

Willing a small bit of water to float, I moved it in front of me and shaped it into a fish. Making it swim around in the air aimlessly, I began making a whole bunch of different sea animals. Soon enough, I was surrounded by practically the entire ocean.

Ash kept chasing them around and tried biting at the fish. She's end up with a face dripping wet instead, making me laugh every time.

However, as soon as I heard the ding from the elevator, I forced the water back into the pool as fast as lightning without making so much as a splash. Grabbing Ash, I lifted her up and pretended to have been playing with her the entire time. She didn't complain, just wanting to play.

The elevator doors had opened to reveal Bucky, Steve, Bruce, Clint, and Tony.

"Percy we saw the footage." Tony announced with a serious tone that made my heart drop.

Styx.

"Wh-What footage?" I asked, avoiding eye contact and playing with Ash's paws. Great job at not looking suspicious, Kelp Head.

"The video of Peter and Pietro letting the animals free in the zoo and you saving their stupid asses-ow!" Tony explained, only to get whacked behind the head by Bucky for swearing.

Clint snickered while Bruce sighed and shook his head. I had let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding, relieved that they didn't see me using magic.

I'm not ready to explain all that just yet. I don't know when I'll be ready, but today's definitely not it.

"Anyway, we're here to apologize for leaving you with those idiots. Sooooo..." Clint grinned excitedly as Steve lifted me off the floor and placed me on his shoulder. Ash clawed at his ancle, asking to be lifted up as well, but was ignored.

I let him do as he wanted, knowing he wasn't going to listen if I protested. I could easily break out of his hold, but that would bring up questions on how I was able to over power a grown man.

"We're taking you to lunch and to get blue M&M's." Bruce announced, a small smile on his face. Weird, I think I dreamt about blue M&M's...Don't remember too much though.

"That sounds great! Thank you." I smiled weakly. Oh Styx, not being able to remember is going to drive me crazy.

Without warning, a small meow came from Bucky. Well, more specifically his jacket. He paled a bit from our stares.

Caught red handed.

"Bucky, give him some treats." Steve mouthed, trying to be subtle, but everyone could see him clearly.

"You're going to suffocate the poor thing in your jacket, you know." I pointed out, making Bucky pale even more. He immediately took a kitten out from the inside of his jacket, holding it carefully in his palms. It meowed, happy to be getting fresh air again.