Chapter 4- Code Green

Percy's POV

I can't believe I was naive enough to think I could hide under a desk. Ugh!! What's wrong with me?

I didn't even bother trying to struggle against Peter. My spirits were too low. Instead, I just went limp and let him carry me to the elevator.

Please let the Mist work for once. This is going to suck if it doesn't.

Once the elevator doors opened, they revealed a really big lab. Everywhere I looked, I could spot some weird technology things that I didn't know the name of and papers were littered all over the desks.

"Uncle Bruce, What is this stuff?" I asked, lifting up a random paper as Peter carried me.

It had a whole lot of charts and words in English that I couldn't read. Even if I focused as hard as I could, I was only able to make out a few words. Is it just me or is my Dyslexia getting worse?

"G-Ganma ra-radio?" I read out loud, squinting at the words in front of me. Peter and Pietro laughed while Bruce gave me a weak smile, gently taking the page from me.

"Gamma Radiation, Perce." He corrected, placing the paper on a desk. I blushed slightly in embarrassment from my mistake as Peter set me down on a bed that was in the corner. I'm guessing this is Bruce's bed. He did say that he spends a lot of time in here.

"What's Gamma Radiation?" I asked, hoping to distract him from the check up. Bruce looked like he was about to explain, but Pietro cut him off.

"Percy, you're not going to get out of the check up." He smirked. I stuck my tongue out at him for ruining my plan, but that only made him and Peter laugh.

"We'll leave him to you." Peter told Bruce before hopping onto Pietro's back.

"Onward, Brother!" He yelled out cheerfully before they zoomed out, leaving me and Bruce in silence.

I played with my fingers to keep my ADHD under control as Bruce picked up a clipboard and began writing something on it.

"Okay, Percy. For starters, are you allergic to anything?"

"I don't think so."

"Do you have any diagnosed illnesses?" He began.

"ADHD, PTSD, and Dyslexia." I said, trying to sandwich in the second one like it was nothing.

It didn't work.

"How do you have PTSD at your age?" He questioned with clear worry. I stayed silent, not wanting to answer that.

"Alright, then. I'm going to test your mental health. I'm going to say a word and you say the first word that comes to mind, Alright?" He explained, obviously trying to get me to give up my answers. I nodded anyways, wanting this all to end as soon as possible.

"Blue"

"Awesome"

"Ocean"

"Dad"

"Sleep"

"Nightmare"

"Sweet"

"Mom"

"Death"

"Statues" I mumbled, trying not to let my eyes water. I immediately blinked away the tears.

"Games" he continued, not seeing my little breakdown.

"Fun"

"War"

"Blood"

"Religion"

"Trouble" I grinned, knowing full well the Gods were eavesdropping.