Chapter 19- Play Date Almost Gone Wrong

Percy's POV

"I'm so booorrred." I complained, sitting upside down on the couch with Bubbles.

"Then why don't you go out to the park or something? It's just down the street." Tony responded from the other couch, not looking up from his tablet.

"I don't feel like fighting monsters today."

"Then suck it up and go watch TV like a normal kid."

"Where's everyone else? You're no fun" I grumbled under my breath.

"Watch it, kid." Tony warned, still at work on his tablet. "And for the millionth time, they all went on a mission. They only reason I'm here is because Pepper is making me go to this meeting in about an hour. Otherwise, I would have left you on your own as well."

"How kind of you." I rolled my eyes.

We stayed in silence for the next few minutes, me fiddling with Riptide and him tapping things on his tablet...

"I'm booorrreeddd!" I called out, making him groan loudly in annoyance.

Just then, the elevator dinged, the doors opening to reveal a pair of familiar faces. A little girl with brown hair wearing jeans and an ironman T-shirt and her mother with orange-y hair wearing professional looking dress clothes entered the room. Morgan and Pepper.

"Daddy!" Morgan chirped, running right for her father. Tony smiled, putting down his tablet and opening his arms to welcome the hug from his daughter.

"Hey, Princess. What are you doing here, huh?" He asked in a light tone, kissing her cheek. I stared at him with a deadpan expression.

Is this really the same man from just a moment ago?

"The babysitter called in sick, so we're going to have to bring her with us." Pepper chimed in as she walked toward us before turning to greet me. "Hello, Percy. How are you, sweetie?"

"Hey, Pepper. I'm doing good. You?" I asked politely. Mom would kill me if I was rude to someone as nice as Pepper.

"I'm doing fine, dear. Thanks."

"Mommy, can I just stay here and play with Percy? Daddy always says that meetings are boring." Morgan asked, climbing onto the couch with me. She then mimicked what I was doing, sitting upside down with a small iron man plushie in her arms.

"You know what. That's an excellent idea!" Tony said before Pepper could respond, standing up from the couch. "Percy, here, can have a little playdate with you while the grown-ups go to work. You're so smart, Morgan, just like your dad."

Morgan giggled while I rolled my eyes at Tony complimenting himself.

"Of course, if you're busy, Percy, we could always just take her with us." Pepper said, giving Tony a pointed look for not asking me first.

"It's okay, Pepper. I'm not doing anything. Besides, I'm sure Tony would be happy to not have any distractions to pull him away from his long boring meeting. No one or thing to give him any excuses to leave." I smirked up at the billionaire who went pale at my words. Pepper's eyes lit up happily, giving Tony a similar look.

"You're quite right, Percy. This will work out nicely." She commented.

"Wait- No! I take it back! Morgan, please come with me to the meeting." Tony begged.

"Nope! She's mine for the day." I said, pulling Morgan into an awkward side hug due to our positions on the couch and smiled innocently up at Tony. "Have fun at your meeting~!"