Chapter 14- I Visit Home

(Look! I figured out the spaces between the paragraph thing! Only, I've written without them that they look weird to me now. What do you think? )

Percy's POV

Waking up in a cold sweat, I bolted upright and gasped for air. Struggling to control my breathing, I pulled my knees up to my chest and hugged them. Tears streamed silently down my face as the memories from the wars flashed through my mind as fresh as they were the day the battles happened.

"You're not at war. You're not at war. You're not at war." I repeated to myself in Greek to try to calm myself down.

When I finally steadied my breathing, I looked around myself to see I was in my room. The lights were off and everything was dark, but I had a bit of night vision now that I was a god, so it didn't really matter. Beside me was one of the couch pillows, which confused me greatly. Why do I have a couch pillow?

"Friday, what time is it?" I asked, looking up at the ceiling.

"It is currently 4:45, Percy." She answered.

"W-What's today's date?" I stuttered out weakly.

When she told me, I could feel my heart drop down to the floor. It was now exactly one month since the camps had been attacked. One month...it feels like it's been forever...

Grabbing the mysterious couch pillow, I hopped off the bed and walked toward the door. Leaving my room, I made my way up to the common room. When I got there, I was surprised to find almost everyone from the party was still there. Fury, Coulson, Hill, Goose, and Pepper with Morgan had all left, but the Guardians, Avengers, and Wakandans were still in the living room. Asleep.

Most of them had managed to claim couches, but the ones who had to be on the floor didn't look any less uncomfortable. A lot of them were actually spread out like starfish and using each other as pillows.

As amusing as it would usually be to see them like this, I didn't have the heart to even smile now. My chest felt heavy with sadness and if I were to let my mind wander too much, I was sure I would end up crying again.

However, for some reason, when I caught sight of Steve and Bucky laying on the couch, I still felt the slight need to mess with them, as if they had done something annoying but I couldn't tell what it was. Leaving my staterooms couch pillow on Steve's face, I walked over to the kitchen area and took out the gift Hermes had given me. It was a golden feather keychain that was the size of my index finger. Which wasn't all that big, considering my new size.

Tapping the tip of the feather three times, it began to glow. When the glow diminished, it revealed an ocean blue duffel bag with gold and silver wave designs. I think Hermes said it has unlimited space and would always stay as light as a feather. Once I thought of what I want from the bag that I've put in, it will automatically be at the top. Time to test it out.

I grabbed a box of the leftover pizza from last night and put it inside. I put two more in before rummaging around the kitchen for a water bottle.

When I found one, I filled it up before putting it in the bag. Lifting the bag up, I was pleasantly surprised to see it really was as light as a feather. Turning back to the living room, I started going back to Bruce's floor. Walking up to Bruce's room, I hesitated for a few seconds before opening the door.

As quietly as I could, I climbed up onto his bed and crawled over to the sleeping lump of an uncle. I hope this works. I started shaking Bruce's shoulder back and forth as gently as I could so I wouldn't accidentally hurt him. Or startle him.