Chapter 17- My Siblings Blow Up the Kitchen

No one could believe what they had just watched... what they had done... Just then, a certain eyepatch wearing director walked into the room. Fury.

"I see Percy isn't in the best of moods after his first day of school." He stated, wearing an expressionless face.

"And why DID you send him to school?" Bruce raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms. He was extremely close to Hulking out at this point and it took all of his will power to remain collected. He was absolutely furious at everyone for what they had done, especially Fury. "If the fact he hadn't finished school was really the case in sending him, then we could have easily just homeschooled him. What are you up to?"

"Percy going to school was only temporary, Dr. Banner. I wanted to see just how effective the demigod scent he told us about really was." Fury explained, his neutral expression faltering ever so slightly as Bruce's eyes glared at him with bright green eyes.

"My nephew is not your damn guinea pig." He growled, his voice slightly distorted and his eyes bright green. Everyone warily took a step away from Bruce, not wanting to be caught by his alter ego should he make an appearance.

"I'm well aware of that. I'm also aware of all the risks, but it had to be done. If Percy goes on missions with you, then you will need to keep an eye out for these monsters." Fury sighed. "I didn't think it would be this effective, though. He didn't even last the whole week he was meant to stay."

"First day of school and monsters destroyed a quarter of the campus. That's some demigod scent he's got." Clint commented, clearly trying to lift up the tension at least by the slightest bit. He was ignored.

Everyone watched in absolute silence as Bruce glared daggers at Fury, barely able to contain his alter ego in him.

.

.

.

DING!!

Peter's phone received a text, making everyone's attention snap right for him. He stumbled for his phone, desperate for some sort of relief from the tension in the room, despite his discomfort with all the attention locked into him.

However, once he opened his phone, he was shocked with what was on his screen.

A classmate had seen him and Percy sitting together at lunch, so he thought it right to send it to Peter. Percy's friends ought to know about this, at least that what the text said. A video was attached to the message that Peter immediately opened.

Instantly, the shrill voiced yells of a woman blasted out of Peter's phone, startling almost all of the Avengers. However, they all ignored Peter's phone as they turned back to the argument.

Bruce couldn't care less about the background noise, still fuming over Fury's illogical decision. To say Fury wasn't at least a little frightened by the scientist would be an utter lie, but he held his composure and didn't back down from their standoff.

However, that was all changed when the shrieks of the woman began to be understood as actual words.

"This is unacceptable!! Pathetic, even! How can you not read a simple word, Jackson!? You're in High School now, you little runt, so act your fucking age!"

At the mention of Percy's last name, everyone snapped their attention back to Peter. Only, this time, Peter didn't care about the sudden attention, so horrified by the video on the screen that he refused to tear his eyes away from it.

Within half a second, every single one of them was crowded around the spiderling and looking over his shoulders. Bruce was among them, his rage at Fury temporarily pushed off to the back of his mind.