Prologue

Sunlight streamed into my eyes, as they clenched shut in protest. The light was coming in through the window above my head, which had shoddy blinds with a lot of space between the slats.

"So bright..."

I groaned rather loudly when I came to the realization that it was probably time to arise. I groped around in my bed sheets for my cell phone. When my hand came in contact with the sleek case, I grabbed it and held it above my face. When I pressed the home button to turn the screen on, I noticed that it was already 8:30.

"WAIT! SHOULDN'T I BE IN CLASS RIGHT NOW?"

I checked the time and date on my phone once again to notice that it was only Sunday. Thankfully, I had no place to be. Noticing that the room surrounding me was one I was unfamiliar with fully awakened me.

"Hold on, what?"

Even though nobody was there with me, I still felt the need to verbalize it. Then I remembered. The entrance ceremony, the other students, and the headmaster. Right, I was now an official student at Hope's Peak Academy. And today was our first day at the school before classes commenced. Yippie.

-

a/n: hey guys! as you may have noticed, no new chapter! but i am going through this whole story and all of my other works to update this and make it reflect my current writing style and change some plot points. there are gonna be some major changes to this story especially. hope you enjoy!