Chapter 4 - How-To

"Interesting" my ass. Between when Togami and I first started dating and now (which, has only been like, a week)  n o t h i n g  has changed. The only thing slightly different was that he started glaring at anyone who got close to me. Especially Naegi. Of course, his behavior was concerning. And it pissed me off. What was I thinking?! Going out with a guy who I apparently hated all because of one stupid dream?! God!

I had to talk to him. I needed to figure out what the fuck was going on. Thankfully, we were sitting right next to each other, so it wouldn't be that hard to slip him a note in the middle of the teacher's lecture on the importance of cultivating our talent. I scrawled out a hasty note that read:

"Meet me in the library after classes are done.

- ____"

It took me a few minutes to figure out how to discreetly get him the note. I decided on "dropping my pencil" and slipping the note into his lap when I bent over to grab it. My delivery was successful, and Togami read the note the second after I sat back up. He made sure to catch my gaze, and gave a slight nod. At the same time, we both decided to refocus on the lecture.

Just had to make it through the rest of the day, and figure out how to ask Togami what the fuck his deal was.

--

Once all of our classes were over, I began to shove my belongings back into my bag as quickly as I could. Togami, of course, had already gone. Presumably already halfway to the library by now. The second all of my stuff was put away, I slung my bag over my shoulder and made a mad dash towards the library. I reached my destination in record time, and stood in front of the doors for about a solid minute, trying to catch my breath. 

I had recollected my composure and opened the doors as confidently as I could. Looking around, I found Togami at his usual seat reading a book. I walked as close to him as I could and coughed to get his attention.

"Togami."

He looked up boredly and set the book down on the table.

"Yes?"

I took a breath and squared my shoulders.

"What the fuck is your problem?"

"I beg your pardon?!"

His brows were raised, and his jaw slack as he looked at me as if I had just told him that I killed one of our classmates.

"You heard me! Why the fuck have you been such an ass this past week? You're sure as hell not acting like a boyfriend, and you were the one who asked me out!"

Togami looked to the table and decided to place his elbow on it and cradle his head in his hand. A soft exhale left his mouth, had the library not been empty, I would not have heard it.

"As shameful as it is to admit, I am inexperienced with romantic relationships and quite unsure how to proceed."

I let out a huge sigh and smiled at him when he looked my way.

"Ok. I'll give you some pointers. The glaring at everyone? That's gotta stop. It's weird. You can hold my hand, and hug me, we can cuddle too. We are not at the kissing stage yet. At least, not on the lips. You can kiss my cheek, my hand, my forehead, whatever. Just not my mouth. Got it?"

The blond looked relieved at the fact that I didn't rip on him this one time, and even more relieved that I had given him some tips. Deciding to be even more benevolent, I pulled out the chair next to him and sat down. After I was situated, I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers. Once I did that, I slammed my head onto to table, turned so my cheek was pressed against the wood and that I was facing Togami, and brought our hands next to my face.

"What are you doing?"

"Taking a nap. I didn't sleep at all last night, so wake me up when you're ready to leave."

"That's not healthy."

"No shit. Now get back to reading and let me sleep."

Togami attempted to pull his hand from mine, but I yanked it back and looked at him with my death glare.

"Abupbup. Figure out how to read with one hand."

He scoffed, but let it be. Underneath the table, Togami shifted his leg so that our knees were touching. I let my eyes shut, and I drifted off into a light sleep. We were like that for perhaps a couple of hours, until the sound of several books hitting the floor and a loud gasp jolted me awake.

Removing my head from the table, I looked in the direction of the noise and saw Fukawa with both hands in the air, clearly shocked at the scene. After a few minutes of awkward silence between the three of us, she finally spoke, her gaze settling on Togami.

"How c-c-could you? I thought I-I was the only one f-for you!"

I instinctively looked towards him too, noticing the flexing of his hand that was still entwined with my own. He seemed very displeased.

"As if. I would never stoop so far down as to be associated with you. What kind of imbecilic question is that?"

"W-what?"

"Don't make me repeat myself."

I need to intervene. She didn't deserve the brunt of his rage like this.

"Togami-"

"Sh-shut up you sw-swine!"

Oh no. She did not just- ok, that's it. Shit just got real.

"Ok, first of all, you don't even know me. You probably don't even remember my name. And if you don't know me, you shouldn't judge me and call me swine. Hell, you shouldn't judge or insult people even if you do know them. So, please shut the fuck up. I was trying to help you and get Togami to stop his being an ass, but, never mind. Togami, dear, you may continue."

The both of them just looked at me in shock, but my gaze returned focus to Togami, and he seemed to gather resolve from my look and took in a breath. Shifting his gaze to Fukawa he said - no, he spat two words.

"Get out."

"Wh-what?"

He looked like he was going to kill her. She looked absolutely terrified.

"You just insulted my significant other, and I will not stand for your ridiculous behavior in my presence. So, get out of my sight."

At his words, Fukawa bolted. The doors were left open in her haste to get the fuck out of there, leaving Togami and I alone again. Hands still intertwined. His gaze fell on me, and he tugged my hand firmly, pulling me to a standing position as he got up. He let go of my hand, and I felt strangely upset over it. However, in turn, Togami spread his arms out. And it was clear what he was asking for.

I shuffled closer, and fell into his chest, bringing my arms around his waist. He brought his arms around my shoulders and rested his chin atop my head. I buried my head further into his chest, inhaling the faint scent of his cologne. It was the most secure feeling I've ever felt. As if this six-foot tall asshole could protect me from any disaster. We stood there for about five minutes, and then he pulled away slightly and placed his hands on my shoulders and made direct eye contact.

"We should head back to our dorms. It's late."

I simply nodded and stepped a little bit away. Togami grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers. We began walking to the exit, which, was still open. We descended down the stairs to the first floor and then headed to the dorm area. Togami led us to the stairs to the second-floor dorms, where my room was. He let go of my hand and said goodnight, kissed me on the cheek and then left.

I ran up the stairs, unlocked my door, ran into my dorm, slammed the door, and passed out onto my bed.

-

a/n: hahahahahah finally finished revising this chapterrrrrrrr !!