Chapter 3 - Trying

Despite how clear my feelings toward Togami were, the blond fuck could not take a hint. Our assigned seats in class were placed next to each other, much to my dismay, and way too frequently did I feel his eyes on me. 

A few days after classes officially commenced, I made a Q&A video for my channel about my life at Hope's Peak, which was number one on the trending list for about a month and gained me about 16 million more subscribers. Most of the questions I received on twitter and in the comments were about my classmates or what the inside of the school was like. Of course, due to privacy reasons, I had to leave out a lot of stuff at the school's request, but the video was still very successful. A lot of my classmates and some of the upperclassmen were subscribed to my channel and said they really liked it anytime they saw me after the video initially came out.

And while I knew that they weren't exactly my friends, it was nice to be treated normally instead of being screamed at by so many people at once. Naegi was the only friend I had made in my short month at Hope's Peak, and since he was such a well-liked guy, we could only hang out when he was free. Which was fine, because it was either that or hang out with him and a bunch of other people at once, and I did not care for that at all.

Most of my time that I wasn't with Naegi was spent in my dorm recording/editing my bi-weekly videos, or in the library trying to wind down with a good book. Keyword: trying. No matter what day or time I'd go into the library to read, Togami would always already be there or come in a few minutes after me. Of course, as much as his presence bothered me, he never did anything other than look up from his book and glance at me every so often. Simply going to the library to return a novel and get a new one was not an option, as there was a window seat that was so comfortable to read in. And cooping myself up in my dorm was not a healthy option either.

Of course, today's tentative reverie that I had found in a fantasy novel was shattered when I heard footsteps heading in my direction. Sighing in irritation, I slipped my bookmark between the pages I was reading and slammed the book shut. I was greeted with a dark green suit in my peripheral, so I refused to look at him. Instead, opting to glare a hole in the wall in front of me.

"What do you want?"

In response Togami scoffed and, if the sound of shifting fabric is anything to go by,  crossed his arms.

"I have a proposal."

I decided to relent, and look up at him, fire in my eyes.

"Oh? Is my liege finally asking for my hand in marriage? Shall we be betrothed, fulfilling my life-long dream of spending my life with a rich creep?" 

He simply smirked at me and shook his head.

"You're not that far off, your highness."

I looked him straight in his gorgeous blue eyes and gave him the best 'what the fuck' face I could muster. Taking a deep breath, I was about to ask him what the literal hell he meant by that, but was cut off before even a syllable left my mouth.

"Be mine."

"Excuse me?!"

Did this fucking guy just-?! While I was contemplating why he would ask someone out who clearly disliked him he began to speak again.

"You have a fire that is quite interesting. And we have a repartee that is fairly intriguing. I wish to have a more personal relationship with you."

I could not believe my ears.

"So you're going to skip the whole friendship part of a relationship, and just jump into the romantic part? Is that what you're trying to do here?"

He raised his brow at me and shook his head in disbelief.

"Was the past month not friendship?"

"What? You mean both of us being sarcastic and you staring at me all the time like a creep? If you want a significant other, go ask Fukawa. I'm sure that she would be happy to fill the role."

The intensity of his gaze grew to be too much, so I looked away and closed my eyes.

"It's you that I want."

His words sent my mind reeling, recovering bits of a dream that I so desperately wanted to forget.

--

Blades of grass brushed against my bare feet.

A soft kiss ended to reveal cornflower blue eyes. A view unobstructed by glasses.

Hands in my hair.

Lips against my ear, whispering words that sent a shiver down my spine as my hands tangled into golden tresses.

"I want you."

--

I took a deep breath and shook my head in an attempt to clear it. It was no use, that dream would haunt me forever no matter what I did. Slowly lifting my gaze, I was met with cornflower blue eyes. Steeling my resolve I opened my mouth and said the three words that would shape my whole future.

"Okay. Let's date."

This is gonna be interesting.

-

a/n: some very vital changes to togami and reader's relationship! sorry that the last half is so dialogue-heavy!