Chapter 9

Winter break starts tomorrow.

You know what that means! I get to spend my vacation at Togami's house. Yay. A simple person in a giant ass mansion, surrounded by expensive things that would put me in 10,000 years worth of debt if damaged. Whoopie.

But yeah, I'm gonna have so. Much. Fun. I'm oozing with anticipation here. Well, more like anxiety.

"Seriously, stop fidgeting so much, it's getting quite agitating."
"Well, how can I not fidget? Please tell me, because going home with you and meeting your father is totally not nerve wracking at all."
"It's not. If you want, you can stay in your room for the entire time, come out for the Christmas Ball, and then go in there until we have to leave for school."
"And will you stay in my room with me the entire time?"
"If it'll stop you from being so nervous, then I will."
"I love you."
"As do I."
"Wait you love me too, or you love yourself too?"
"Tch."

I snuggled closer to Togami's chest and wrapped the blankets tighter around my shoulders. The school's heating system couldn't have chosen a worse time to freeze over, every single fucking room felt like Antarctica. We were supposed to finish packing for our trip, but I got too cold so Togami initiated a emergency warm up cuddle session. So we were sitting in my room, with four blankets surrounding us on my bed.

"We really should finish packing, or we won't get finished in time."
"Perhaps a few more minutes couldn't hurt."
"Yeah, and then a few more minutes will turn into a few more hours, and then we'll fall asleep and we won't get done. Honestly, you're supposed to be the practical one."

I sat up a bit and flicked his nose lightly.

"Seriously, come on."
"Fine."

He gave me a light glare, and reluctantly got up off the bed.

"We can continue later, quicker we get this done the sooner we can get warm again."

He nodded and picked my half filled suitcase and put it atop the bed. I walked to my drawers and began pulling clothes out and throwing them behind me in Togami's general direction.

"Hoodie, yes. Another hoodie. Socks. Jeans. More socks. Another pair of socks. Jeans. Long sleeved shirt. A sweater. Jeans. I need to find my boots later. Another hoodie. Here take these*. Some more socks...I think that's it."
"Why do you insist on packing 10 different hoodies?"
"Because I can. Is it all packed up?"
"Yes."
"Yay! We're done! Now we can relax!"

Togami walked up to me and, for some fucking reason, picked me up.

"What the hell?"
"We're going to relax."

The little prick then walked over to the bed and sat down, with me in his lap. Whatever.

"Blanket me, my love."
"Hmph."
"You wouldn't want your lovely heir(ess) to freeze to death, would you?"
"Fine."

Togami grabbed each blanket one at at time and wrapped them around us until we were a giant cocoon of warmth. I turned around so I could stare into his eyes.

"You know when couples usually do this, they smile, right?"

I then grabbed his cheeks and lifted them up to make Togami smile.

"Okay, never mind that was freaky. Anyways, are you happy to be going home?"
"Why would I be happy?"
"Because Christmas time is a time to be spent with family, and people you love. You're supposed to be happy, because you're supposed to be surrounded by people who love you and who are happy to see you. At least, that's what I've heard."
"But I spend time with you every day. And I certainly hope that you're happy to see me when I do."
"Did you just say you love me?"
"Maybe I did. Maybe I didn't."

I giggled and did what any normal person would do. I grabbed his face and kissed him. My fingers got tangled up in his golden hair and his hands found their way to my waist. His lips were chapped due to the cold ass shit weather, but his face was warm, and I relished every moment of that kiss. It was rare for us to be lip locked but whenever we were, it was for a hella long time. When we pulled away, out of breath (obviously), I buried my face into his chest and mumbled:

"Do you think your father will approve of me?"
"I'm not sure. If he doesn't, then you don't ever have to come back home with me for vacation. But I'll still have every intention of making you my heir(ess)."
"Ok. Togami?"
"Yes?"
"What time do we have to leave tomorrow?"
"Whenever it's convenient for us."
"Ok. Another thing. Would you sleep in here tonight?"
"I don't see any reason why I can't."
"Thank you."

I showed him my gratitude by wrapping my arms around his torso and burying my face deeper in his chest. I felt his head atop my own, and his face in my hair.

"Goodnight, Togami."
"Goodnight, ______."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke up to a face full of a certain someone's fancy suit. Togami was already awake, because I felt his lithe hand running through my hair (he does it quite often, now that I think about it). I looked up and saw that his eyes were closed, but he had a thoughtful look on his face.

"Good morning. What're you thinking about?"

I swear I probably scared the shit out of him. The look on his face was hilarious. But after maybe a few seconds he regained his composure. And greeted me cooly.

"Good morning to you too. And I'm thinking about whether or not we should leave now and get breakfast on the way or eat breakfast here and then leave. You can decide."
"I'm not really hungry, so we can leave now or later. I don't care."
"Well, I guess we can leave now then."

I nodded at him and tried to get up, but was stopped by the fucking blanket cocoon.

"Uhm Togami...?"
"Yes?"
"Why can't I escape from blanket hell?"
"It seems I can't either."
"Shit. What're we gonna do?"
"I'm not sure."
"We could roll out?"
"Is that the best you can do?"
"I don't hear you coming up with any better ideas. Are you game or not?"
"I suppose I am."
"Ok. On three...One...Two...Three!"

We overestimated the amount of edge we had because we rolled right off the bed and onto the freezing ass tile.

"SHIT!"
"ACK!"

I landed on top of Togami and both of our heads smacked together. Which really hurt.

"Are you alright??"
"I should be asking you the same thing, you have me on top of you. And you probably smacked your head against the tile. Are you okay??"
"I'm fine."
"At least the blankets are loosened and we can get out now."
"Yes. We should get ready to leave."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: AAAAAAAAH I'M SO SORRY ITS SO LATE!!!!!!!!!
LAST WEEKEND I HAD WAY TOO MUCH WORK. I HAD AN ORCHESTRA CLINIC THAT LASTED ALL DAY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY I WAS DOING MY HOMEWORK I'M SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY.
I'm really sorry.
I hope you like this chapter.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
*"Here take these." -underwear pretty much