Chapter 2 - Bitch Mode: Activated

After a few hours of steeping in my rage and obsessively refreshing my social media, I decided to emerge from my room. And saw Naegi(?) walking down my hall. Which was weird, because I was the only one in my class with a room on the second floor. The first years are required to stay in the accommodations connected directly to the original school building, while the second and third years along with the faculty who teach them live in the newer accommodations and have classes in the newer facilities as well. But the main building is accessible to everyone, which is why the upperclassmen come to the greenhouse, bathhouse, or libraries if they desire. And since our class is relatively small, I was the only one living on the second floor.

He caught my stare and did a full body gesture towards a tray of food he was carrying. I raised a brow at him and he smiled sheepishly.

"I brought you lunch, I figured you wouldn't be interacting with anyone by choice today based on your mood this morning. It's just a simple PB&J, though."

Slightly touched by the small gesture of kindness, I smiled at him.

"Wow, thanks. Naegi, right?"

He nodded.

"Come on in."

I reopened my door and held it open for him. Walking in after he did. Naegi glanced around, probably noting the still packed up cardboard boxes lining the wall. I sighed softly and made a mental note to try and not scare him off. 

"You can sit down if you wish."

Gesturing to the table I moved to sit down, and Naegi followed, gently setting down the tray and pushing it towards me. I smiled softly, and began eating the sandwich and occasionally sipped at the water he brought along with it. While I was eating the meal, Naegi looked deep in thought for a while until he finally spoke up.

"What happened this morning that put you in such a bad mood?"

I grunted and quickly swallowed the food in my mouth and stared Naegi down with the most 'done with it' face in existence. He visibly gulped.

"It was that rich asshole Togami! He was just-! UGH!"

Naegi grimaced and sucked in a breath between his teeth.

"Yeah, I think Togami just doesn't really know how to properly interact with people his age. Probably his upbringing?"

"Yeah, ain't that the truth," I scoffed. "I pity the poor fool who tries to be his friend."

At this, Naegi simply chuckled.

"So, are we friends now?"

His abrupt inquiry threw me for a loop, and despite my general distaste towards people, I found myself considering.

"If you want."

At that, his face lit up and he practically radiated joy.

"Great! You should come down to the dining hall, the others in our class planned a small meet and greet!"

I took in a deep breath and nodded.

Yay.

---

The get-together planned by my classmates wasn't that bad. The worst part had to be the initial re-introductions and reminding others of what our talents were. Everyone was in attendance save for "his royal highness". And once I tired of socializing I sat next to Ikusaba and we formed a solidarity of some sorts. The others seemed nice enough, and eventually, the conversation turned towards discussing Togami.

Everyone, myself included, was in agreement that he needed a serious attitude adjustment. Except for Fukawa, who had an odd obsession with him, but it seemed relatively harmless. After about two hours of just chatting as a group, we all dispersed.

I was walking back to my dorm, singing a soft tune beneath my breath, when I was stopped by a firm hand on my shoulder. Of course, being used to being grabbed by fans (unfortunately), I brought my elbow back and jammed it as hard as I could into what I assumed to be my assaulter's stomach.

I heard a grunt, and the hand grabbing me let go. I turned around to see Togami doubled over in pain. Not being able to help the smirk and laugh that escaped my mouth, the blonde glared up at me and scowled.

"Quite bold of you to assault the heir to a multi-billion dollar company."

My smirk morphed into a devious smile.

"Quite bold of you to grab someone from behind and not expect some form of retaliation you fucking creep. What do you want?"

Hell yes. If words and sass could kill, Togami would be  D E A D.

"For you to be quiet. I can hear your annoying singing from inside my room."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"Oh well, my apologies my liege. But it is my understanding that all of the dormitories are soundproof. So unless you were being a stalker, watching and waiting for me to walk past this hall on my way to the stairs so you could bother me, I would think you either have supersonic hearing or the soundproofing in your room is defective. Either way, you should get it checked out. So, kindly, fuck. Off."

Of course, just to spite the rude asshole, I turned back on my merry way and began singing at full volume. Even as I got nearer to the stairs, I felt his eyes still on me. So I stopped in my tracks mid-verse to tell him something.

"You know, if you keep your attitude up like this, you're only going to make our time here more challenging for everyone. You're never going to make any friends, and no one will want to spend any time with you. Your attitude is repulsive, and you're a prime example of a challenge that's better left unfinished."

After saying my final piece, I headed back to my dorm.

-

a/n: oof. one of the most iconic chapters in this story has been completely redone yoikes.