Chapter 6 - A Page From What Book?

He didn't come back.

Shortly after Togami left my room, I fell asleep and woke up at 7 am the next day. I did the math, and I slept for about 17 hours. Shortly after waking up, my phone pinged, notifying me that I needed to begin brainstorming for that week's video.

Unsurprisingly, due to the severe disappointment that Togami did not come back, and a cotton filled head due to excessive sleeping, any inspiration was insubstantial. What to do... Artists, composers, and authors take inspiration from their surroundings, so maybe I should take a page from their book? Certainly, my brilliant, talented classmates should have something.

Nearly the whole lot of them are useless. No ideas, or no idea about what I was asking. Or even what my talent was! Enoshima was the only one with an interesting idea, which is what I'm going to collaborate with her on.

The only people who I did not get a response from, were Togami and Fukawa. I was unable to find the former anywhere, which bothered me. The latter, however, just straight up ignored me when I asked. The SHSL Literary Girl was most likely still pissed off at me for stealing her "Byakuya-sama" or whatever.

Heading back to my dorm, Enoshima's number in my phone, and a promise to meet her at lunch for planning, I decided to take what I could get. Creating a mental checklist, and nearing my door, I sighed. There had been literally no sign of Togami all day. I was worried about him.

Wait. When did I become clingy? We haven't even been dating for that long! Holy hell, pull yourself together, ____. You're both old enough to be independent of the other, even when in a relationship. Quit acting like a grade schooler!

Mental fortitude returning, I reached my dorm. Opening the door, I heard the crumpling of paper. Snapped out of my reverie, I looked to the ground to see what was once a nicely folded piece of stationery in my doorway. I bent over to pick up the paper and walked into my room. Without much thought, I unfolded the paper and moved towards my bed whilst reading the note. The calligraphy on the note was elegant and pristine.

"____,

Meet me at the library at 5:30 post meridiem exactly. It will be in your best interest to be on time.

-Togami Byakuya"

A bit shocked at the demanding tone of the note, but happy nonetheless, a soft feeling erupted in my stomach. I placed the paper on my bed and leaned back all the way, feet still on the floor. I could feel my cheeks heating up.

"A date..."

Before I fully indulged into the joyous feelings that were way too intense for a month-long relationship, I remembered I had somewhere to be in roughly 3 hours. I couldn't hold back the groan of indignation that left my mouth at that thought.

--

"Hey, ____ over here hot stuff!"

Glancing to my left, there was Enoshima sitting all hot and perfect, even in the bland Hope's Peak uniform, at a table for two in the dining hall. Said table, was covered in food, which was odd considering she was the SHSL Model. Aren't people like her constantly on a diet? Whatever. 

I walked over to the blonde bombshell and pulled out the chair that was unoccupied and sat down. Glancing at all the food covering the tabletop, I shot Enoshima a questioning look to which she shot me a dazzling smile.

"It's for you, sexy! I heard Naegi and your little boy toy talking earlier about how you never seem to eat, so I figured I'd grab you some food for our little meeting! Oh no! Did I grab foods you hate? Are you gonna succumb to despair?"

I shook my head at her weird outburst.

"Wha- no. The food is fine. I get sick a lot, sensitive stomach, so I eat controlled amounts. Which is why it seems like I never eat. But. Togami was here?"