Chapter 11

This has to be the worst vacation I've taken so far. Sure, I'm surrounded by luxury and wonderful food, but I've never been more discontent. I've been locked in my room all week in order to avoid any unwanted encounters with my boyfriend's father. My said boyfriend, has been working all week with his family company and raking in the cash. Even though I get to see him every night when he comes in to check in on me, it's not the same.

I don't get to see Togami when I want. Our relationship was never so structured. We planned together, or we didn't plan at all and everything would fall into place on its own. But now, it's only once a day. No romantic outings, no meals together and no sleepovers. He always comes in too late for us to do anything fun, so we usually just talk. Togami usually talks about what's going on in the company, all while his head is in my lap and my fingers in his hair. No matter how romantic it seems, it's never long enough. He always leaves after about 45 minutes so he can go to sleep in his own room. He refuses to spend the night with me because he 'can't risk waking up late and being late for work'.

It's not the same. The time I spend with him feels strained, like he's... I don't know. It might be the strain of work, and he has seemed stressed. The Christmas Ball is in two days, so there's that. I'm more drop dead anxious for that than stressed, but we're both dealing with it in our own ways. Him losing himself in his work, and me suppressing the urge to jump off my balcony and run as far away from this estate as I can.

I ran my hands through my hair, and a knock on the door resounded through my room. I glanced at the giant grandfather clock across the room from my bed and noticed that it was around lunch time.

My legs swung over the side of my bed, and my feet made contact with the marble floor. I walked slowly to the door and opened it, ready to face the same meek boy who had brought me all my meals so far.

Instead, I faced a very well-dressed middle aged woman, who surveyed me with a look of apparent disgust.

"This is what I have to work with? Oh god, it's going to be a long day."
"Uhm... I'm sorry. What?"

The lady scoffed and raised her eyebrows.

"You weren't expecting me?"
"No...?"
"Those maids and butlers need to actually do what they're told. Whatever. I'm Yano Aratani. You will call me Ms.Yano. I am the Togami family's personal stylist and tailor. I'm here to help you choose your outfit for the ball. Let's get to it!"

As I stood there in the doorway, dumbfounded, Ms.Yano stepped past me and was followed by servants pushing in multiple racks of gowns and suits. She turned back at me expectantly, and glared when she noticed I was just staring.

"Well? Do you want to be a waste of my time or do you want to look decent for the ball?"
"Right...sorry."

I hesitantly stepped forward toward the clothing racks and reached for the most appealing [suit/gown] I saw, it was a rich [color] and it went perfectly with my features and complexion. Ms.Yano looked at my choice and nodded in approval.

"Go and try it on."
"Ok..."

I scurried into the bathroom to try it on. The second my final button was buttoned, Ms.Yano's assistants whisked me out of my makeshift changing room and set me in front of this full length mirror that wasn't there before. Must've been set up while I was getting changed. They immediately began following Ms.Yano's directions regarding alterations. Despite her professionalism, I could tell that this would be a very long appointment.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

hi!
i know this is super short, but i felt like you guys deserve something!
i'm trying my best!
love you all!

-alline