A pleasant surprise

Lan WangJi stepped out of the JingShi, only after making sure that he was in control of his emotions. He looked graceful as walked towards the great hall of cloud recesses.

He found the person he was looking for, at the great hall indeed. Lan XiChen, the sect leader of Lan Sect, had recently come out of his seclusion. At that moment, he was discussing sect matters with the elders.

"XiongZhang." Lan WangJi bowed to his brother in greeting and then bowed to the elders.

"WangJi." Lan Xichen smiled warmly.

"May I have a word with you?" asked Lan WangJi, a bit anxious.

Lan XiChen was surprised at his brother's sudden request. "Of course. I will be there shortly. Wait in the HanShi."

Lan WangJi gave a sweet smile, "Thank you, XiongZhang." He bowed to everyone and left.

To say that everybody in the room was stunned would be an understatement.

"Did he just..."
"Yes he did..."
I wonder why he is so happy...well it is good if he is in a pleasant mood."
"Indeed."
"Everyone." Lan XiChen called out. "Please let us continue. As you know, I have to go to WangJi. Please excuse me for the time being."

Lan XiChen bowed " I shall be back very soon."
With that being said, he headed towards the HanShi.

Lan XiChen was excited with anticipation, yet he was fearing something . His brother smiled, but there was something...off about it.

'Maybe I am overthinking.' Lan XiChen thought. Soon enough he found himself in front of HanShi. He knocked and a small voice said 'Please come in.' He opened the doors to see his younger brother sitting , his back ever so straight. But Lan XiChen was his older brother. He noticed the way Lan WangJi's eyes were dazed.

"WangJi." Lan XiChen called.

Lan Wangji visibly flinched, coming out of his thoughts. "XiongZhang." He greeted.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" asked the sect leader.

"I wish to visit Yunmeng."

Lan XiChen was shocked of this sudden request. "You...want to visit Yunmeng? But why?" He asked curious.

"There are some things that opt to be done." said the younger jade, his gaze on his lap.

"Is it concerning about the...two of them?" Lan XiChen asked, suddenly understanding.

Lan WangJi, "No."

"Alright, as you wish." said the older jade.

"Thank u XiongZhang." Lan WangJi smiled again.

There it was, that smile. It was so beautiful, but so...what? Lan XiChen could not figure out that emotion. Somehow, he didn't want to.

"Thank you...for everything. I love you...very much..." Lan WangJi whispered, his voice turning distant. But Lan XiChen was a highly strong cultivator. The words didn't go unheard by him.

"WangJi, what-"
Before he could finish, Lan WangJi got up from his seat, went to his brother and hugged him, gently but tightly. " Thank you so much." He breathed, his voice thick with emotions.

Lan XiChen suddenly felt fear creep up in his heart. "XiongDi, what happened? Why are you..."

"Shh. Nothing." Lan WangJi pulled back, smiling brightly, "Just wanted to appriciate you. That is all."

Lan XiChen smiled back, eyes softening. "I love you too, so much." He held on to his younger brother, suddenly feeling melancholic.

Lan WangJi had a change in his behaviour, not an unpleasant one. But Lan XiChen had a bad feeling because of his brother's words.

'XiongDi....just what are u hiding from your brother?'

A/N: Can you try to guess what Lan WangJi is hiding? ;P

Idk why I love angst so much. '_'

Amygays, plz show some support UwU. Huggies! Have an awesome day.