Truth

Lan WangJi closed his eyes at the sensation of his husband hugging him tightly. He tried. He really tried to hold it back. But he couldn't.

After holding back his emotions ever since the age of 6, he couldn't anymore.

He trembled, hugging Wei WuXian back, not answering the question the said man asked.

"Lan Zhan, my dear, what happened?! Tell me!" Wei WuXian wailed, clutching the white robes tighter.

Lan WangJi still didn't say anything. He just shook his head and started to sob.

Wei WuXian was even more prettified. Just what happened to him?

"Lan Zhan, if you don't tell me, how can I help you?"
"You cannot, Wei Ying."
"Huh?"
"You cannot help me. No one can."

Wei WuXian pulled back from the hug and looked at the jade. His heart broke at the expression on his lover's face. Lan WangJi so defeated, so pained, that Wei WuXian again saw himself in this man.

He was not enjoying this feeling in the slightest.

"Lan Zhan." his voice came out steadier, "Tell me. If there is no way to help you, I will find one, or invent one myself." he said, determined.

Lan WangJi chuckled tearfully, but he knew better.

"Well I guess you can help me, just by holding me tightly."
Saying so he hugged Wei WuXian even tighter.

This time Wei WuXian got annoyed," Listen to me. You have been acting super weird, you keep spacing out and flinch when people call you. Don't think I haven't noticed. You cried last night. And now you are crying again. Would you PLEASE do the good grace of telling me what's bothering you? This is not going anywhere. YOU are going anywhere unless you tell me."

Lan WangJi became silent. 'Should I...'

He didn't say anything. Wei WuXian looked into his eyes and said softly, "Please love...You have always helped me whenever and however you could. Let me help you? I want to." he gently kissed Lan WangJi.

The said man became conflicted, on how to say the facts without hurting his beautiful husband, that is if he even does.

****************************

Lan XiChen was going to the infirmary to get some ointment for the papercut he got while handling paperworks. He gracefully entered there. Upon entering, he found the head healer, Zai FeiLang, looking troubled.

"Head Healer Zai." He greeted, bowing.

'Ah Sect Leader Lan." he bowed back, "I am sorry for not noticing. I was thinking about the the case of Hanguang Jun-"

Lan XiChen got startled, his reason for coming here forgotten, "What case?"

Zai FeiLang's eyes widened so much it looked like his eyes were about to pop out of his eye sockets, "He didn't tell you?!"

Lan XiChen answered, "No. At least not me. I do not think he has told anyone else either."

Zai FeiLang looked like he was about to pass out, "He has such a severe life threatening disease and he did not tell you?"

Lan XiChen's breathing became shallow with the sudden information. It took him every bit of his effort to ask, "What disease?"

"His body is decaying from the inside because of an unknown reason. If we cannot find the reason of it, he will die soon."

Lan XiChen's heart dropped to the pit of his stomach. His brother, his baby brother will die.

Die,die,die.... the words echoed in his mind.

That explained everything. His recent behaviour, his way of talking, the way he asked his uncle if he could call the elder 'Shushu' instead of 'Shufu'. He probably wanted to call XiChen 'Gege' too, and would have asked sooner or later if he could, before he died.

"He did not tell any of us, anything at all." Lan XiChen muttered, horrified, "How long has he been affected and how long does he have?"

Zai FeiLang replied, "I am not sure when he got affected. This case is unlike any other I have seen. I am not able to decipher when it started. But I do know that he has two months to live. I assumed he told everyone, I didn't know he didn't tell ANYONE at all."

Lan XiChen didn't waste a second more and ran, RAN, to look for his brother. Rules be damned, his didi is more important. 

As he could not find him in the Library or JingShi after frantically searching all the places where his brother could have had duties, he knew there was only one place his brother would go to, at a time like this.

The bunnies' field.