The pain I caused you my love

Lan XiChen was getting jittery and made his way to the JingShi to make sure both his didis were okay.

Yes, Wei WuXian had come to become his didi as well.

He made fast but elegant steps towards the JingShi and knocked on the door once he reached there.

No response.

Lan XiChen became even more worried.

He was trying, oh he was trying so hard to not think negative thoughts.

But Lan WangJi's illness was a looming worry in his mind.

He could NOT sit still while knowing his younger brother was slowly dying.

He lost both his sworn brothers.

He doesn't know how he will cope if he Lan WangJi dies.

He knocked again and there still wasn't any response.

He slowly opened the door and was greeted with the sight of Wei WuXian clutching Lan WangJi desperately, burying his husband's face into his chest, transferring him spiritual energy, Lan WangJi doing the same.

Both of them were exhausted but content.

And the look in their eyes as they looked at each other. It was too similar.

The Sect Leader felt like he was interrupting something private and intimate, which he presumed he was.

Even though they were not doing anything remotely intimate.

Lan XiChen cleared his throat. 

Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi snapped out of their stupors and looked at him.

Both of them were looking disheveled.

"WuXian, WangJi, have you two figured out something?"

"Yes, a lot actually." Wei WuXian said, begrudgingly.

He was a bit angry at the Lan Clan for not noticing Lan WangJi's sufferings. But the said man was a master at concealing his feelings.

Even he did the same thing with everyone else.

Perhaps Wei WuXian was a bigger hypocrite than he thought he was.

Lan Xichen didn't know why Wei WuXian looked seemingly  like he was cursing him out.

"Ah...mind telling me what it is?"
"He has some resentment energy in his body. It's decaying his insides. I have to drag it out."
"Resentment? How?"

Wei WuXian was silent for a while. He then answered, "It could be anything to be honest. Lan Zhan is a cultivator, obviously he comes in contact with resentment filled creatures. Somehow some of it came inside his body."

Lan XiChen didn't look like he wanted to believe this explanation, but in the end didn't refute.

"Well, does that mean you can cure him?"
"Yes, I can."
"That's a relief. " sighed Lan XiChen.

Lan WangJi was looking at Wei WuXian, his golden eyes filles with surprise. He expected Wei WuXian to tell his brother. But somehow that expectation came out to be incorrect.

"WuXian, when will you extract it?"
"As soon as Lan Zhan is ready. He is exhausted from the Empathy I performed to understand it."
"Very well. I will inform uncle then."

"Wei Ying..." Lan WangJi was anxious.

Wei WuXian gave him a brief look of reassurance. But then he spoke.

"Just for information, the extraction will hurt. I will try to make it less painful, but it will still be somewhat painful."

Lan XiChen deflated but then sighed, 'Well I suppose if it saves him it is alright. WangJi...Didi you are strong, I know."