Confrontation

Lan XiChen was going to inform Lan Qiren about the updates when he heard a huge crash.

There was a breach in the walls.

And not long after a man dressed in grey robes came in.

"Well, well has it not been a while?" He snickered.

Lan XiChen was already getting ready for battle. When Lan Qiren came out along with many other disciples of the Gusu Lan Sect.

Lan SiZhui frowned, "And who might you be Young Master, breaking into the sect like this?"

Lan JingYi as always had to add some sarcasm, "If you wanted to come in you could have just asked the guards and give your identity. No need to break in like a lunatic."

The man scowled, "I have undone business here."

Lan XiChen now asked, "With whom exactly?"
"The Second Young Master Lan."

****************************

𝘉𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨

𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘑𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘚𝘩𝘪-

Wei WuXian sobbed, hands fisting Lan WangJi's pristine white robes

Both of them were so hurt. In every way.

Wei WuXian didn't think it was possible to hate himself even more than he already did.

But there was truly no end to love and hate.

Lan WangJi was holding back his own tears.

He wanted to, oh he wanted to so badly comfort the man in his arms.

But what could he say?

Tell him that it was okay?

He could not lie about something so obvious.

There truly was nothing he could tell.

Wei WuXian had seen personal parts of his life.

His wails, his traumas, his nightmares.

The way he cut his own skins, the way jumped in water, trying to drown, the way his heart told him to 'get up' every time he faltered even the slightest in his job, the way he berated himself in every step.

Wei WuXian sobbed, "L-Lan Zhan. My-y Lan Zhan!"

Then he looked up at Lan WangJi, his face streaking with silver tears, as silver as his eyes. His cheeks were flushed due to crying so much, his eyes resembling a starry night.

"Lan Zhan...why...why are y-you still...holding b-ba-ack?" he asked with in gasps.

Lan WangJi trembled, his golden eyes closing painfully. He bit his lips to stop the multitude of sobs trying to wreck his body.

"Let it out Airen..my Zhiji...Laogong...Please, d-don't hold i-it in anymore."

This time Lan WangJi broke. The dam inside his heart flooded out and started flowing rapidly through his eyes. His broad shoulders bounced as he cried, holding on to the love of his life.

Both of them were broken.

Both of them had so much hurt in their heart.

Wei WuXian had lived his life in such pain, living in the streets, then living in the constant fear of Madam Yu, within the strikes of Zidian, then the Massacre of Lotus Pier, giving his golden core, the war, Jin ZiXuan's death, the Wen Siblings, his Shijie died, the Wen remnants, everything, everyone just-

𝗱𝗶𝗲𝗱.

𝗟𝗼𝘀𝘁.

Left him alone.

The world against him.

Demonic cultivation.

Then he died himself.

Life had given him a second chance by being graceful.

In Lan WangJi's life, alone and painful, were the only two ways he could be described in. His mother died at 6. He was captured, tortured, starved, raped at the age of 7. Then his nightmares, then the pain, trauma, no one to confide, the expectations, the beatings and punishments, then his Wei Ying came, then left, then his father died, then the war, the demonic cultivation, his Wei Ying, the Siege, he died.

𝒲 𝑒 𝒾 𝒴 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 𝒹 𝒾 𝑒 𝒹 .

M̸y̸ l̸o̸v̸e̸-

Depression, hurt, anxiety, disea-

Then his Wei Ying came back.

Life started to put colours again.

He was thankful to the Universe for that.

The two of them sat there, hearts beating, sobbing in each others arms, because what had they done to endure such pain?

What did they ever do to anybody?

Then they heard a huge crash. Instantly they stopped and became alert.

"Looks like we have company."

Both of then wiped their tears and kissed briefly, whispering sweet words to each other and then moving outside.

****************************

They were greeted with the sight of the man in grey robes.

Lan WangJi stiffened and so did Wei WuXian.

"Ahhh here is the main party. How have you been Second Young Master Lan? Remember me?" He finished with a smirk.

Lan WangJi was already spiralling down his sinkhole.

Wei WuXian saw red at that point and yelled, rules be damned, "You! You again! Lee Yu! What the fuck do you want now?"

Lan WangJi held on to Wei WuXian for some support and stabilised himself a bit.

The others were confused beyond belief.

Wei WuXian finally saw the need to cover up the situation, " He is a part of the reason why Lan Zhan has resentment in his body."

Just then another angry voice boomed, "You are not getting away!"

Everyone instantly recognised it.

Wei WuXian froze in his place.

"Jiang Cheng..."