Chapter 22: Remembrance

With Lilith, Lilliandil, and David as the Trinity of Gods protecting and ruling Narnia, it was soon easily determined that the Rebels and all of Mara's influence was wiped clean off the face of their Narnian reality. The Ettinsmoor Mountain that was the resurrected centerpiece of the historic battle became known as Shatterlight Mountain, and the Trinity that emerged from it were hailed with an even greater reverence.

Between the destruction and rebuild of Shatterlight Mountain, the burning pillars that heralded Star-Fire, and everything else revolving around the Battle of Shatterlight, the Narnians in both Court and villages alike were faced with unique and unprecedented happenings and circumstances- indeed that no other Narnia had faced quite like it. Some preferred to think of the Trinity as their rulers and downplay or disregard their acquired divinity, while some fell to their knees in immediate worship. But the sheer circumstance of no more Rebels and as of yet no more Mara meant that even in this untraveled territory, Narnia was at complete peace.

Except for those who missed just one more integral piece of the peace puzzle...

//////

"You've done so much for me, you've saved me no less than twice- please, I'd do anything for you and I want to prove it," David asked Lilith softly, as the Trinity stood in the Throne Room of Cair Paravel.
"Name anything you wish for, and it shall be."

Instinctively, Lilith bit the inside of her cheek. She should just- she shouldn't wish for anything more than she had but-

The High Queen inhaled slowly.

"I miss-" She could barely say his name. "I miss him. Tyon misses him... Alia should grow up knowing her father, too. If I could wish for anything- absolutely anything-" She swallowed. "I'd wish for Peter back."

David nodded slightly and turned around to gaze out into the rest of the Throne Room at nothing in particular, lost in thought.

"If I'm going to bring back Peter, I want to do it right. I'd bring back your Peter, but I'm guessing that I would be untimely ripping him from his siblings on Earth. Which means, I'm looking for a Peter that instead of 'will be' missed...instead he 'will already have' been missed."

"Have been missed?" Lilith repeated, unable to keep concern from her voice as she crossed her arms.

"I don't want to build our family at the cost of another," David continued, "so some Peter out there who has...has- hmm...whose others have already come to peace with losing him, or has no one to mourn him, but his actual time isn't over," the God mumbled aloud, but figuring Lilith could hear anyway. "Is all that okay?"

Lilith dropped her eyes to the ground. Her first instinct was to say 'no'. She wanted her Peter.

But Peter was her husband no matter what world- and if it was a Peter who was being mourned, then he had died and they could give him another chance at life... and she could make things right, no matter what- she knew she could-

She nodded slowly, looking back to David. "Yes... yes, that's okay."

At that confirmation, Lilliandil found her gaze darting between her two lovers. Whatever was about to happen was monumental- and yet, another in a long list in a short timespan.

David took a deep breath and closed his eyes, raising both his hands. Light streamed in from above, swirling streams of gold flowing at his gestures, before David waved his hand and the light funneled and whirled down onto the grand floor. The light coalesced into a figure before David flicked his wrists and features began to appear, as the God made what was once lost now found again, once mourned and missed now tangible, what was remembered now revitalized.