Chapter 9

Taking my apron off, folding it and then putting my clothes back and saying goodbye to Hanna that had just come cause her shift started.

Ted left earlier.

I went out and texted Pete that I'll be a bit late, he response was 'k'. I put my headphones on and start walking to the hospital.

30 minutes later I see myself in front of the hospital. The last time I was here was 10 years ago. When aunt May was called for the 'shocking airplane accident' at least that's what was written on the newspaper the next day. Guess what my parents were in it. Yes, yes very tragic anyway, let's go in.

Entering you could smell the hospital scent and let me tell you it wasn't a good one. Making my way to the medical receptionist, I spoke "good evening. I would like to visit a man who recently was in a car crash, I believe his name is Rhodey"

The receptionist was a man maybe in his thirties, very short hair maybe 5'11 or 6'. He shuffled through some papers and then proceeded to say "and what is your relationship to the patient?" I smiled nervously knowing that if I say the wrong thing I might get kicked out. "He's.... like a brother to me" I blurted out. The receptionist looked up at me with furrowed brows.

After a second he sighed and said "whatever. Fifth floor, thirteenth door on the left" I nodded and said a small 'thank you'.

Making my way to the elevator I pressed the button with the number five on it had waited for the door to close. I was staying in awkward silence, with the man that decided to enter the elevator in the last moment. One it made it to the fifth floor the door opened revealing a few other people.

Quickly I walked out and started searching for the thirteenth door, once I found it I knocked on it. Not a lot of people know it but it's polite to knock on someones door before entering. When I hear someone say "come in" then I slowly open the door and walk in.

Inside I could see Rhodey who was laying on a bed with a heart rate monitor attached to him and an infusion on his right hand, beside him was a woman. Strawberry blonde hair, wearing a full white suit on her left was a man -around the same height as her- who was wearing a black Sabbath T-shirt and a pair of dark blue pants. They were all staring at me till the man with the weird beard spoke

"Sorry, who are you? Do I have to call security?"

"N-no sir, I was-"

"Oh wait. It's you right? The one that saved me. Y/N?" Rhodey smiled pointing his finger at me in question.

The man and the blonde shared a confused look with each other.

Nodding I said "yeah it is me" and again the main with the weird beard spoke "I'm sorry, I feel like we're we missing a few chapters"

"Ok Y/N, this is Tony and Pepper. Tony, Pepper this is Y/N. She's the girl who saved me." Rhodey introduced us. Tony made a small step towards me and then offered his hand for me to shake "Tony Stark, pleasure to meet you" I shook his hand realizing that the person in front of me was the one and only Tony Stark. One of the richest man of the world.

"The pleasure is mine" I smiled and then shook the woman's hand. Rhodey sat up looking at me "why are you here kid?" I put my hand in my pocket grabbing my keys and fiddling with it. "I just wanted to see how you're doing" the injured man smiled and replied by saying that he's okay. "Okay, well that's all I wanted to know, so I guess I'll go now" I smiled awkwardly at them. Before leaving the blonde and Rhodey said goodbye while Stark only nodded.

Looking around you could notice people on wheelchairs, a lot of them with casts around their arms and legs. I slowly walked to the elevator going to the first floor. I was accompanied by the elevators shitty music.