ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟙 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔻𝕖𝕕𝕦𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝔾𝕒𝕞𝕖

( Takeyama POV )

"No. Way."

"Yes way," I replied nonchalantly, twirling my little milkshake in my glass around. "I'm dating. I'm not a single man anymore."

Horikita stared at me like I was the greatest fool to ever roam the planet, and let out an uncontrolled sigh. "Ugh, so this is what you meant when you said you could do more than just lift her spirits....."

"I sense regret in your tone. Are you jealous that I'm dating Chiaki now?"

Horikita raised an eyebrow, as though questioning why I exist. "No, I'm not jealous in the least. In fact, it makes me happy to know that I won't be a victim of your irritating flirting anymore. Hopefully you don't go around flirting with other girls now. It's not at all ethical."

"Dude, I know. Can you calm down? I swear you talk like you're always on your periods."

"And this is why I absolutely hate you," Horikita muttered. She looked around the Brewster Café, and realized that the small table that seated the two of us had become a prime spot of attention. Almost all eyes inside the café, mostly first years, were staring at our table, and more specifically at me.

It was obvious. The news that Chiaki and I had started dating spread faster than ever, and almost the entire first year knew by the end of the day. I had several people run up to me and ask me whether the rumors really were true. Chiaki had literally become a celebrity overnight, but also the object of intense jealousy of the other girls.

"You've once again become the talk of town," Horikita said. "Sometimes I wonder if you do all of this on purpose. Are you an attention seeker?"

"Don't know about that, but you're certainly becoming more cranky than usual," I retorted. "Can't I just live my life in peace? I'm a high school student. Dating is completely normal."

"I'm being a realist. You can live in your little delusions of a fancy high school life," Horikita replied. "I'm happy for you, however. It was high time that the two of you started dating anyways."

"I was just searching for a good opportunity. You gave that opportunity to me, so I guess you're our cupid, or something."

"That's not true. It's all you," Horikita said solemnly. "Besides, it's only been 2 days. Don't be all high and mighty. Make sure you take good care of Matsushita-san."

"You don't have to tell me that. I know how to be a good boyfriend."

"If you did, then you should know that talking to another girl in a café alone without informing your girlfriend might not be the best idea."

"Don't worry about it. We trust each other, and we know that having friends of the opposite sex is inevitable. Don't sweat it."

"If you say so....." Horikita trailed off. "You said you had a Student Council Meeting, right? I think it's almost time."

"It is almost time. I probably should be leaving. Pay the bill, pretty please?"

"Ugh, and you expect to be a good boyfriend....."

I snickered lightly, leaving the bill to the black-haired girl. I exited the café to boring stares, and I made my way towards the school building. The soft breeze burrowed its way into my ears, and I pulled my scarf closer. Winter was almost over, and spring was on its way.

I stood outside the Council Office, and knocked twice crisply. I entered without waiting for a response, just to piss Nagumo off.

He didn't look very thrilled, but I guess he had other things in mind.