the one I love * loki laufeyson

LOKI (mcu) ONESHOT
PROMPT: •𝚌𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 "𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚒 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎."
2353 WORDS

***

living in the avengers tower was interesting. shield agents coming in and out, tony throwing his lavish - and unfortunately mandatory - parties and the avengers taking missions left and right.

it had been a year since thor took you down from asgard. he had stationed you with his brother and the avengers to hone your fighting skills into avenger's level. he had found you on the streets, fighting some thugs to defend the last of your food. he had sensed potential and made an agreement with tony and fury to supply some lodgings for you and train you up to work with the avengers.

you got on with most of the team and you mainly hovered around nat, your mentor whom you adored. you often ate lunch with barnes, who retold many magnificent tales of war and love. thor's brother loki also intrigued you.

unlike his saviour-brother, he stayed quiet and in the shadows. you remember your first encounter with him clearly; you had bumped into him accidentally whilst trying to access your new "smart"phone which had resulted in awkward side-stepping, mumbled apologies and red faces. in the end, the prince gently nudged you aside with his magic, offered you and awkward nod and sped off in a flustered hurry. he had made your heart race and face blush. 

from then, you two had many conversations and jokes. the two of you often teamed up with, suprisingly, clint barton to pull pranks on your fellow teammates. together, you would take trips to the library to sit quietly and read; you would often smuggle snacks to munch on whilst you read.

you soon developed feelings for the raven-haired prince. he made your head spin and your heart swoon. however, you knew that your companion did not reciprocate these feelings.

let's just say his girlfriend wasn't too fond of you.

LOKI POV
I closed my book and sighed. I couldn't concentrate. my brother and his team had sped off to cyprus to save their people from a deranged mutant while I was stuck in the compound with y/n and a singular shield agent.

I thought about what y/n would be doing right now. I do that a lot. I imagined her h/c hair glittering in the sun and her e/c eyes twinkling with wonder and joy. I imagined her laugh, as if crafted by my mother, frigga, herself. her beautiful face... no. I couldn't. not with jessica in the picture.

I sighed more deeply this time and placed my book down. I crossed my room and made my way to the door, might as well make something to eat.

in the kitchen, I grabbed the cheese and a knife before heading to-

"if your plotting to kill me, you may want to go for a sharper knife," I whipped around. there she stood in all her glory. she always managed to take my breath away. I quickly regained composure and chuckled.

"and why would I try to kill you?." I rolled my eyes "I'm simply cutting some cheese"

"what are you making?" she placed herself in one of the bar stools lined against the kitchen island. I watched as she surveyed my cheese with interest.

"a grilled cheese toastie," I mumbled, knowing she would beg for one. her stomach growled at the words and she looked up to me. I sighed "...I can make you one too if you would like?"

her eyes lit up with excitement and she grinned.

"thanks, loki! i've been hungry for a while but at the same time, I can't be asked," I chuckled at her words.