family line * steve harrington

STEVE HARRINGTON (stranger things) ONESHOT
PROMPT: •𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚑𝚞𝚐𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚑𝚞𝚐𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚑𝚞𝚐𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚑𝚞𝚐𝚜
TW FOR ABUSE. if you are experiencing an abusive situation, it is never ever your fault and please speak up, even if it's just to a silly little wattpad author. there are people that love you 🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶
1472 WORDS

*****

you and steve had been dating for the past month, and it was awesome. you did everything together. go to the movies, smoke together, listen to music together, drive around hawkins together, and - your personal favourite - fight monsters from other dimensions together in a badass duo.

but there was one thing. one itty bitty thing. steve was a very touchy person. he liked hugs, holding hands and cuddling. while you were raised in a house that didn't interact with eachother unless they had to, let alone hug. you preferred to bully him as your display of affection. and this caused a clash.

"y/n! just give me a hug!"

"steve, I don't want to! I don't know how!"

"oh my days, y/n. yes you do, it isn't that hard!"

"shut it, dustin, you have a loving mother, I didn't!"

steve understood where you were coming from, but he couldn't help but feel a little rejected by your constant declines of his advances.

"y/n, you have to learn to trust him. not every man is gonna abuse you," my best friend of 18 years always knew how to put things carefully. we were in my room, lying on my bed as I huffed on my cigarette, passing it to raquel.

"I know, raquel! but I'm just scared! you're lucky you don't know what trauma is." I said, stuffing a pillow over my face.

"I mean, at the same time, he knows what you went through, he should wait until you're ready!" she said passing the cigarette back to me.

"yeah..." I took a long drag of the stick.

"y/n..."

"yeah?.."

"he does know about the abuse, right?" raquel pushed herself up, curling her legs under her.

"I haven't... gotten round to that bit..." I muttered, offering the cigarette back. raquel looked shocked, gently smacking my hand away while being careful not to knock the burning item out of my hand.

"y/n!" "I know, it's bad!" I covered my face with my hands and groaned.

"you need to tell him." she said, plucking the cigarette from my fingers.

"I do," I wiped my hands down my face.

"tomorrow."

"tomorrow..."

***

I lay in bed that night, turning it over in my mind how I would go about reliving the most traumatic part of my childhood with steve, releasing feelings I had repressed for years, forcefully unlocking memories I had stuffed away in my mind.

"y/n! you get back here!"

I squeezed my eyes shut as the voice of my father rattled around my brain.