protect me * vance hopper

VANCE HOPPER (the black phone) 1
PROMPT: •𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚙𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚞𝚙 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚛 𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚑𝚘𝚠
3596 WORDS BRO MY LONGEST ONE YET
also it's set in the 70s so it has 70s style x

***

you and vance had bonded together over trauma. you were the new kid in your school and you had no friends. until mr andrewson had partnered you and vance together for your science project.

to say vance had intimidated you at first was an understatement. he terrified you. you were super shy and he was- well, vance. you had walked over to him to find him trying to light a spritz of deodorant at the kid infront of him from under the desk. your eyes had blown wide and you stopped dead in your tracks.

"well, are you gonna sit or what, princess?" he said.

"u-uh, yeah. sure." I tentatively perched on the seat beside him, staying on the edge of it and keeping my eyesight down in my lap.

"I'm not gonna light you." I looked over to him.

"what?"

"I said I'm not gonna light you on fire! and it's rude to say 'what', didn't your mom teach you any manners?" he sneered.

"I- I-... my mom's dead." was all I could get out.

"oh, i'm sorry. my dad's dead, if it's... like... any constellation." he shrugged, going back to his lighter and can of deodorant.

"it's consolation," I corrected quietly.

"pardon?"

"the phrase is, 'if it's any consolation'," I repeated.

"what did I say?" his face scrunched up in confusion.

"you said constellation," a small smile tugged at my lips.

"what's the difference?" I noticed a small smile on his face too.

"a constellation is a set of stars, a consolation is to console someone and make them more comfortable," vance smirked at me.

"well, thanks for that, princess." he grinned. "I'm vance."

"I'm y/n-"

"psst, PSST! new girl!" I heard from behind me. I turned around. "hey, you're super cute, new girl. i like them innocent. you ever been boned before, proper hard?" some kid with greasy hair smirked at me, bucking his hips up in a sexual way.

"ew gross!" I gasped.

"hey, back off, asshole!" vance shot up from his seat and grabbed the kid by his collar.

"mr hopper!"

"you treat nice girls like y/n here with respect, ok? look at me when I'm talking to you, dipshit! you treat her with respect, you understand? if you ever even look at her again, you'll have hell to pay, bitch." and with that, vance right hooked him in the face. the kid yelled out in pain, his lip leaking dark blood. I gasped, a small smile tugging on my lips, but i stopped it. I'd never had anyone stick up for me before.

"hey! hopper! principle's, now!"

vance looked to me.

"thanks..." I whispered.

he smiled. he had a pretty smile. "i'll see you after school in the study hall so we can start this stupid project."

I nodded quickly.