mi querida * robin arellano

ROBIN ARELLANO (the black phone) 1
PROMPT: •𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜
mi querida ~ my darling - you don't speak spanish in this xoxo
4356 WORDS BRO THIS IS LONGER THAN MY VANCE HOPPER ONE???

***

"gwenny and i have been talking and we think you should just tell her." finney said to robin as he walked to school with him and gwen. it was a scorching summer day, so hot that even robin had his bandana hanging out of his front jean pocket instead of wrapped snugly around his head in his usual look.

"tell who what?" robin asked, confused as he wiped sweat from his brow. the older boy looked down on his fluffy-haired friend, his face contorted into one finney had only seen while tutoring him in maths.

"y/n. you like her, duh!" gwen rolled her eyes.

"huh? what? I do not!" robin's eyes widened and his face heated up even more than it already was, painting him a deep shade of crimson that was almost worrying while his mouth stuttered and failed to form a coherent sentence.

"sure you don't." finney side-eyed the boy next to him.

"there she is!" gwen pointed at the distance excitedly. but she didn't need to point her out. robin had spotted her first - it wasn't difficult when her smile lit up a room and her just presence could make even a three hour detention the funnest place to be.

she was perfect, everybody knew it. and to robin, she was ethereal. she was the sweetest girl in their school. and the smartest. and the most popular. and way out of robin's league, who was stuck with being best friends with her. she'd also had her fair share of boyfriends, all of which - to robin's extreme disappointment - were the exact opposite of him.

bruce yamada was the most recent. and it didn't exactly end on good terms.

you were not bruce's type, looks wise. bruce liked the {opposite of your hair colour} haired girls with {opposite of your eye colour} eyes. girls who had the {different aesthetic to your's} style down to the t. but the most popular girl in the town with the most popular boy? it just made sense. until y/n dumped him - letting him down gently - out of the blue. that ended on good terms, until bruce suddenly proclaimed that he was pissed off and starting dating her (now ex-) best friend, katy adams. who was a LOT more of  his type and they were a good pair, but she was still y/n's, now ex, best friend. which hurt her like a bitch, mainly because katy was one.

y/n had spent many hours crying in robin's lap while he held her over the loss of her closest friend in her friend group. the fact that robin and y/n were in separate friend groups meant that y/n had to find closeness in other people so she didn't feel as left out in her friend group. and that bitch had to go and ruin it. robin had spent many bored moments in class picturing how he'd beat bruce yamada's face in for making his bestest friend in the whole wide world cry like that. as did gwen, fantasising over how she'd 'bash stupid katy's head in with a rock for breaking the girl code'. but y/n wouldn't let them near the two.

"robin? robin? hey, robin!" your voice broke robin's trance. he blinked rapidly to bring himself back to reality. "you ok?" you were stood infront of him, a curious and the most innocent look on your face as you scanned his features. he looked to his friends who were wandering off, finney giving him a knowing smirk while gwen had a cheeky grin.

"no, yeah, I'm fine. are- are you ok?" robin asked in return, trying to limit his answers to prevent him stumbling over his words.

"I'm ok. i've got lab first with bruce tho. and he's my partner, which sucks. he can't even look at me. isn't that pathetic? he's dating my ex-best friend and he doesn't even have to balls to look at me." you fiddled with robin's bandana hanging out the front of his jeans, twirling it around your fingers. robin's breath caught in his throat and he tried to control his breathing. it wasn't uncommon for you two to touch eachother in affectionate ways, but the scorching heat, the revealing outfit you were wearing to keep yourself cool and the proximity of your hand to his... place, made it a bit different. but you were completely and utterly oblivious to your effect on him. as per usual. "what do you think?" you looked up to him with your brows furrowed.