Chapter Eight: Queen of the Stepstones

Author's Note: thank you everyone for the wonderful feedback, as well as for following/favoriting this story! I wasn't sure if many people would read it because the House of the Dragon series is so new, but it's wonderful to have you all along for the ride! Now that we've established some ground and foundation for where the story can go with the first four episodes, I have a TON of ideas for what's to come. I have a pretty solid plan in mind for how things will turn out, but nothing is certain when it comes to the series and how it might affect what I have planned. Either way, I think I'll be splitting each episode of the show into three chapters from here on out. There's so much to cover, especially as my own storyline evolves. But until then enjoy the chapter and happy reading!

Disclaimer: Extremely Graphic Sexual Content

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE DRAGON & THE ROSE - EPISODE FOUR/PART ONE

Elaena felt as if she ruled the world; her heart filled with pride, victory, and love. Her whole body stood tall as she walked side by side with Daemon through the Red Keep, feeling as if nothing in this world could possibly bring her down. The crown atop her head was heavy, but she didn't mind the weight of it if it meant she could feel like this forever. She knew that the King and everyone else on the small council would be furious with her for leaving without notice, for putting herself in harm's way, and for returning crowned at Daemon's side... but she didn't care. The only thing she cared about was the man she stood with.

She turned to look at him as they walked, admiring his recently cut hair and the crown that rested atop it. Feeling her look at him, he returned the same gaze, his eyes afire as he stared at her. Ever since their night together at the camp, she hadn't wanted to leave his side for anything, and she knew he felt the same way. Without arrising too much attention from Corlys and his army before they made their way to King's Landing, the two found every moment they could in between that night and now to be with each other, to explore every inch of the other's body and soul. But now that they were back at court they would have to be even more discrete. She turned her gaze forward again as a guard opened the door to the throne room, holding her head as high as it could be.

The room was filled with every Lord and Lady of the court as they entered, the silent halls now echoing with hushed whispers at their arrival. Elaena could see the King's face fall into anger as the two walked in, his face eyeing the crowns that rested on their heads. Both Daemon and Elaena kept moving forward through the sea of shocked faces, keeping their eyes forward on the King. She only glanced to the side once to see Rhaenyra with a small smirk on her face. It took everything in Elaena not to return it, for she knew she had to tread carefully.

Not expecting this, Viserys didn't look angry at all, rather he wore a tired face as if he was too tired to keep up with everything. As her and Daemon approached before the steps of the Iron Throne, the kingsguard around them withdrew their swords. Elaena immediately stopped, watching as Daemon continued until the tip of the blade poked into his chest. Elaena stood silently as Daemon lifted up the Crabfeeder's sword, then dropped it at all of their feet, the sound of it clattering on the ground echoed in the speechless room.

"Add it to the chair," he said, taking a step back.

"You wear crowns," Viserys responded. Elaena watched as the King analyzed each of them, his eyes resting on hers. He gave a small notion for the Kingsguard to drop their own swords, to which they each stepped away from Elaena. Elaena took a few steps forward, standing directly next to Daemon. "Do you also call yourself King and Queen? Partners in ruling together?"