Chapter Thirteen: Dark Sister

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: As I said last time, we saw a very dark end to the chapter before this one. And if you hadn't realized, all of the chaos and impact on Elaena during this scene is causing her to miscarry her child. As a serious writer I am always trying to hone my skill, even when the scenes written are not happy ones. With that said I will be going into very graphic physical and emotional detail. I know this can be a triggering and very emotional topic for certain readers, so if this is you, please read only at your own discretion. It is never my intention to trigger readers, only to write in a way that evokes feeling and response from you all. So with that said, only read forward if you feel you are able to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE DRAGON & THE ROSE - EPISODE FIVE/PART THREE

Feeling sharp pains stab in her side, Elaena screamed loudly in the great hall, unable to filter the pure pain and distress she was in. She could feel blood gushing out from inside her, pooling on the floor around and soaking into her dress. From the waist down the once light blue fabric was now a deep scarlet color, and smelled of rusted death. Sickness overcame Elaena in every way as the smell of it all filled her nose, as she felt her baby dying inside of her. Her breathing quickened in pace, the ragged sound only interrupted by her crying.

"Elaena, breathe-" Rhaenyra cried, her own voice shaking uncontrollably as she squeezed Elaen's hand. "Daemon's here now- we're going to help-"

"There's so much blood," Daemon murmured, the shock taking over him. Though he knew he needed to act quickly he felt as if he couldn't move, stuck in place as if someone had glued him there.

Pushing through the crowd of people Viserys and Alicent finally made it to them, the same terror everyone else felt filling their eyes.

"Ser Harrold get everyone out of here at once. They don't need to see this," Viserys said, his face pale with fear. The guard immediately turned away from them all, moving the watching eyes out of the great hall and away. The King then turned to his other knight awaiting command. "Ser Harwin take Rhaenyra to her chambers where she's safe-"

"No- I refuse-" Rhaenyra shook her head, squeezing Elaena's hand tighter. "She needs me- I can't- I can't leave her like this-"

"Please don't leave-" Elaena whimpered, her tears flowing down her face at the prospect. Both her and Rhaenyra gripped each other's hands, trying to prevent their separation.

"Ser Harwin we don't have time to waste," Viserys said, looking to the knight firmly.

"NO! LET GO-" Rhaneyra screamed. Elaena turned her head weakly to the side, watching as Rhaenyra was forcefully ripped from her. Rhaenyra shouted loudly to be let go, thrashing against the man to get out of his grip and back to Elaena. Ser Harwin remained silent, tossing the Princess over his shoulder to escort her away.

"Is the maester here yet?" Viserys asked quickly, ignoring his daughter's pleas to be with her.

"There's not enough time," Daemon muttered. Without another word Daemon swept down and picked Elaena up. She wailed loudly from pain as he did this, feeling a searing hot wrench in her stomach. It felt as if someone had reached inside her and twisted her organs with their hand, each step he took towards the maester's quarters hurting her deeply.

"Daemon it hurts," Elaena cried deliriously, whimpering as he ran up the stairs.

"I know, I'm sorry, my love," he responded shakily, the strength in his voice wavering like it never had before. "We're almost there, I promise."