Chapter Twelve: The Green Wedding

Author's Note: Wow! So happy to see all of your wonderful comments and love for my story/Elaena. I know that the last chapter was a bit intense/maybe not what you were expecting to come, but I promise that everything I put in these chapters has a purpose. So if you're sensitive to mature themes I always recommend that you please read at your own discretion. Happy reading~

Disclaimer: Graphic Physical Violence, Graphic Sexual Content, Mature Themes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE DRAGON & THE ROSE - EPISODE FIVE/PART TWO

Elaena had never been so terrified for a conversation in her life, she had never dreaded a moment more. But it had to be done, she had to be honest with Daemon about her being pregnant. And not only that, she needed to be honest about how she felt about it. Rhaenyra was right, she couldn't control how Daemon would react, she couldn't control the aftermath of any of it. But she owed it to both of them to be honest, no matter what the consequences, for it would be worse for them both for her to keep it hidden.

She hoped that after her conversation with Rhaenyra she would find him in their room, but when she got there it was empty. She was too tired to go out searching for him, and she wanted the complete privacy of their chambers for a conversation of this nature, so she stayed in place and waited. No more than ten minutes later, the door opened revealing a much more hostile face than she wanted to see. He stormed in, slamming the door behind him so hard she jumped a little.

"What were you thinking?" he asked, his face turning a bit red. "Leaving without a word at the crack of dawn? When you know the dangers you face here?"

"I was just taking a walk through the Godswood, trying to clear my head. Then I talked with your brother. So tell me, what danger was I in that I haven't been in my entire life living here?" she asked, trying to reign in her own anger. She didn't need him to watch her like a hawk, but she also knew he was just trying to protect her.

"It was different then," he said more coolly, "Before we made enemies of half the people in court."

"I'm sorry," she said more softly now, seeing the deep concern in his eyes. All of the enemies they had here were because of her actions, her choices. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"Just-" he stopped, inhaling a little before deeply letting his breath go. "Just don't do that again."

"I won't, I promise," she agreed. Her heart started beat twice as fast as she prepared herself for what she needed to say. "Do you have a moment? So we can we talk?"

The worry dropped from his face a bit, being replaced by curiosty. "About what's been bothering you?"

"Yes," she said quietly, twisting the ring around thumb.

"Alright." He nodded, seeming to be a bit relieved that she was finally going to open up about it. She took his hand and sat them both side by side on the bed, but she couldn't bring herself to meet his eyes.

"Will you promise me something before I say it?" she asked, feeling her voice already start to shake.

"Anything," he responded, wrapping his hands around her own. "Just tell me. Whatever it is you've been keeping it to yourself for far too long."

"Please...just don't be mad that it's taken me so long to tell you. I've been scared to, I didn't know how you were going to react."

"You're starting to scare me, Elaena, what is it?" he asked, concern rising again in his tone.