The Village

Rimuru POV

First, I instructed the goblins to build up fences around the village. But surprisingly, they don't know what it was. I had to draw something to give them an idea of what it looks like. Then the elder brought me to a hut with the injured goblins that were hurt from fighting the first assaults of the Direwolves.

"They are all victims of the Direwolves attacks... Some have little time left..."

Such grievous wounds... What can I... Oh, right!

I slid over to one of the injured goblins and swallowed him up.

"Rimuru-sama?!"

After a few more moments, I spit the goblin out. He looks good as new with no injuries seen!

"Wh-What is...?! His... His wounds have healed..." The elder gasps

It worked! I'm so glad! Now to move onto the next one...

Actually, the Hipokute Herbs that I had been eating back in the cave had healing properties in its sap. Mixed with magicules, it becomes a healing potion! The effects were surprisingly effective! With this last goblin, everyone's now healed up.

"Rimuru-sama!"

I followed the son of the elder to the entrance of the village after being called. They did as they were told and built fences like I drew out for them, though they had to tear down their little huts to get the materials needed. They did their work so quickly and efficiently, it amazed me.

"Hm... It may be a little flimsy, but I won't complain since it was made at such short notice. All I have to do now is..."

Using the <Sticky Thread> skill I got from the spider monster, I covered the fences with its web to reinforce it.

"My Lord, what is...?"

"I snatched up some webbing threads from the spiders in the cave."

"Snatched...?"

"Now we have the means to strike back! You guys have weapons, right? Any long-ranged weapons that can be used?" I asked

"That would be the bow and arrows."

"Perfect!"

Night began to fall and finally, one of the goblins stationed up in the tree had a report.

"Th-They're coming! They're just up there! The Direwolves!"

So it really was those wolves that ran away. I have no choice then.

"Stop where you are. Listen, I am only going to say this once. If you are willing to turn back now, you will not be harmed. Think carefully and leave us in peace." I reasoned to the wolves

However, they still charged ahead.

Oh... That's really too bad. I hoped I would not have to see this happening.

The wolves that charged ahead were sliced apart in an instant by the Steel Threads that I laid out as traps in front of the village.

"Is that what those threads were for?!" The elder gasps

"I used Sticky Threads to strengthen the fence. But those were Steel Threads."

The goblins hidden in the trees started firing arrows at the same time.

"Between the threads and the arrows, they're going to find it hard to charge to the fence. Even if they do..." I continued, looking at a Direwolf that got past the threads as it squeezed its head through the fence, only to be decapitated by a goblin's club, "... We are ready for it."