Labyrinth Siege

Third Person POV

Slowly, the Imperial soldiers entered the gates and whenever 1,000 soldiers entered the labyrinth, the next 1,000 would then be sent to a different floor. On the first day, 350,000 soldiers were sent in. On the second day, 150,000 soldiers were sent in. And on the third day, only 30,000 soldiers were sent in, leaving only 170,000 soldiers on the surface. The uneasy Calgurio would soon find out what had happened to these unfortunate soldiers...

...

Floors 49-50

The Imperial soldiers who were sent to Floors 41 to 48 at first had spent some peaceful time inside the labyrinth, being able to fend off the monsters, finding treasure chests, and did not encounter many problems. However, it was during this time when they stepped foot into Floor 49, did their nightmares begin.

"Ah, there's something on my neck!"

"I'm sinking! My legs are melting!"

"Help me, I can't get my hand out!"

It looked like something out of a horrific nightmare. Slimes were everywhere. The moment their guards were let down, the slimes began their relentless assault. Falling from the ceiling, surrounding the walls around the soldiers, they were even all over the toxic floor. Their armor and weapons were destroyed by these slimes as well.

"What the hell?! Is there no way to break through yet?!"

"Yes, we can't detect them with magic because they have spread to the entire floor. Moreover, they seem to be highly resistant to physical attacks, so any halfhearted attacks won't work!"

"Moreover, the speed at which the enemies multiply is extraordinary! They seem to have no sense of pain and do not seem to flinch from our attacks!"

Thus, they had a hard time on this floor until reinforcements arrived to help them and they barely managed to make it to Floor 50 with the teams from the upper floors with them. On this floor, however, they encountered a mountain of wounded people. In the distance, the sounds of battle echoed.

"Damn those monsters! They are back!" One of the wounded shouted with mad rage

A huge black snake was in front of their eyes writhing in the dark passageway. A Tempest Serpent. No magic or bullets could penetrate its armor-like scales. Even if they tried to cut them down with a sword, the <Poison Breath> of the Tempest Serpent could reach up to seven meters and they would be hit by the gas before they could even reach it.

"Damn it! The narrow passageway is made for them!"

"We can get around them in the open, but there is no way to get around them here!"

"How's the magic cannon coming along?"

"No good. We just used it. It'll take two hours to fill it up."

"Oh, come on, you've got to be kidding. What does this mean? Will those monsters come back to life before we can replenish it?!"

The Tempest Serpent had a ring around its neck, making it stand out from other monsters. It revives after three hours no matter how many times it is defeated. So no matter how many times they conquered it, the battle would resume due to the passage of time. There was no safe zone on this floor either. The sounds of battle began to echo in another corridor, the Tempest Serpent was not alone. At least ten of them were confirmed, a swarm of Rank A- monsters with a highly dangerous floor was dominating the floor where they could make the most of their characteristics. This was the lair of the Tempest Serpents. They were normally the Boss Monsters of Floor 40 and were used as reserves. For this day, they were unleashed on this floor. The soldiers were able to join with the reinforcements from the upper floors and as a result, they could secure enough magic cannons to outnumber the Tempest Serpents. It was not until midnight of the third day that they succeeded in conquering the floor.