Before the Big Day

Rimuru POV

Later that evening, everyone was gathered in the meeting room and I apologized again to the exhausted Beni for what I put him through before getting the meeting started. I invited other guests to the meeting this time. Veldora and Ramiris, along with her two servants, Treyni and Beretta. The Flame-chasers were also here, excluding Kosma and Griseo, who were being taken care of back home by Keith. Iris was also here to join us. Milim had quickly returned to her own country after fearing what would happen if she angers Frey, so she would be attending officially in three days. 

"So, before I begin the meeting, I want to introduce someone to everyone! He is a candidate for an executive position, Mollie!" I introduced my final guest as he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, "If the Founding Festival in three days goes without any issues, I want to officially appoint him as the Minister of Finance. Please get acquainted with him beforehand, everyone!"

"I-I am Garde Mjollmile. I am quite nervous right now given the important duty assigned to me by Rimuru-sama. Nonetheless, I hope to have a good relationship with all the executives in the future." Mjollmile greeted them with a small bow

"Okay, let's get straight to it! Mollie, could I trouble you to explain everything to everyone here?"

"Roger that. I'll do my best with my limited ability."

He stood up to explain how the festival would run to everyone as soon as he says that. The rundown would be:

Two days from now, in the evening, the town would be celebrating the eve of the Founding Festival. The guests would not only consist of those invited to the main festival but also any visiting merchants and adventurers responsible for protecting them and offering these visitors free meals and wine. Since this event would be announced to the public, we would be expecting commoners from neighboring countries to be coming as well. As they could be our future customers, we would welcome them with open arms.

We would hold a night feast in the guest hotel for any royalty and nobles. The dishes served to them would be made by Shuna, Yoshida, Sakura, and Kalpas (who had been incredibly irked by the idea at first but gave in when the kids begged him to join in). The food prepared by them will mostly be new cuisines and even I was looking forward to it. We also changed the feast serving style to a buffet so that everyone could try a wide variety of cuisines without eating too much.

Now, it was onto the main event, the Founding Festival itself. I would be making a speech on stage in the morning. This was important because I was going to announce to the public that I had become a Demon Lord and since all of my guests and executives were aware of the situation, they approved of my proposal.

Next, we would be hosting a Martial Tournament in the newly built colosseum, but of course, we wouldn't let them stand there to watch and enjoy one competition. It would be boring for others to just watch the tournament from start to finish. To show that our town is not all about violence, we also have the newly built opera house for our people to perform music pieces.

"I will use the opportunity to show that Rimuru-sama is a woman of culture too!" Mjollmile announces confidently as a cunning grin emerges on his face

Ah, speaking of that... No. Since Mollie's keeping the program a secret from me, then I shall keep my own secret for now. Sorry, Mollie!

I can't help but notice Shion with a grin of her own, though. She probably is hiding something from me too, since I noticed her absence from my office more recently. I shook off the thought, allowing the girl to do her own things as long as she doesn't cause any trouble.

Back to the festival... After lunch, everyone would move to the museum where Gabiru, Vesta, and Mobius would be holding a technological presentation to explain the history of the healing potion to everyone. Kurobe and Garm would also be there to showcase various pieces of gear. The museum would only be open for civilian use on the second day of the festival and only the royalty and nobility would be allowed inside on the first day. After all, there are security concerns, so it would be best to separate both groups of visitors.