Second Round

Third Person POV

The second round was about to commence with Masayuki going against Gozer first.

"So, you are the 'Chosen Hero' who wants to go against Her Majesty Rimuru? Your ignorance and arrogance are truly pathetic." Gozer taunts Masayuki as soon as he held the microphone in hand

Masayuki's mouth twitched into a small smile as he held out his hand for the microphone, which Souka promptly handed to him, "Heh, you fought well today."

"S-So?"

"That being said, this is very regretful." Masayuki sighed before continuing, "Had you been in your optimal state, I would have wanted to fight you seriously. But after the fight just now, you must have used up most of your strength, didn't you? That is truly a shame."

"What are you trying to say...?"

"Nothing really. I simply feel that I wouldn't be content, even if I won against you now." Masayuki explained breezily

Rimuru had a small smirk on her face as she assessed the situation calmly, "Not bad. He's using his skill to talk his way out of fighting."

"Is it true, what I heard, that you've been appointed as labyrinth boss by Demon Lord Rimuru? You seemed to dislike that and wanted to be among the 'Four Heavenly Kings'..."

Gozer quickly interjected, "That's not true at all! Her Majesty wanted Mezer and me to be the bosses of floor 50 of the labyrinth. That was, of course, an honorable role! We simply wished to pursue a higher goal, that is all..."

"Really? Unfortunately, in my opinion, that man called Geld just now was supposed to be the one strong enough to receive the title of the 'Four Heavenly Kings'." Masayuki says and Gozer seemed to falter, "If you fight me now, I'll be the one who wins. But if I fight you at your peak strength, whoever emerges victoriously, may be up in the air. You may even have the upper hand in an environment such as the labyrinth. I simply feel that obtaining a hollow victory from fighting you would be a downright pity."

"Eh?"

"I want to challenge the dungeon here as well. However, these are two separate matters, compared to fighting the Demon Lord. So how about it? Shall we wait until then, to decide who is better, where you could face me when you are at your best and more prepared?" Masayuki offered

At this offer, Gozer lets out a laugh, "I've gotten a taste of your generosity already. You read that correctly, right now I've got no more strength to spare. My battle with Mezer was a narrow victory. Fine then, I'll take your word for it and await you in the labyrinth!"

With that declaration, both shook hands and Gozer walked off the stage. Masayuki heaved a sigh of relief inwardly as he walked off the stage amidst the cheers and claps of the audience. He couldn't help but take a glance at Rimuru in the VIP booth, who had slightly narrowed eyes and a small knowing smile on her face while she clapped alongside the excited audience.

"D... Did she..."

In a slight panic on the inside, he walked up to Pardofelis, who congratulated him for the victory.

"You did it, Masayuki!"

"Not for long, I think..." Masayuki groaned out as his eyes glanced sideways, "... The Demon Lord might have found out..."

Pardofelis flinches a little as she glanced at Rimuru before turning her attention back to Masayuki to comfort him while the next match started. It was Lion-Mask (aka Carrion) versus Gobta. As soon as the beginning of the match was announced, Gobta summoned Ranga immediately.

"Quit joking around, kiddo. I'm telling you this for your own sake, you should forfeit quickly." Lion-Mask suggested 

Gobta, however, ignores this, "I'm counting on you, Ranga-san!"