Prologue

Money, diamonds, glamour, luxury—it feels so good to have them. Only, without love, they don't mean anything.

But when you have love—then nothing else matters.

***

My name was Savannah Lewis.

I was a princess.

Well, not literally. But some might have said I'd once had the life of a royal. And I used to feel as if I was one.

I met my husband, Dominic, at the college where I majored in Accounting and Finance. My dream was to develop in the field, but after Dominic and I got married, I discovered he didn't intend for me to work. He was the heir to a multi-billion-dollar company, so taking care of and pampering his wife came naturally to him. He had been brought up that way—the men ran the business in his family, and the wives were placed on golden pedestals.

So, I had no choice but to put my dreams behind me and take on my expected role in the name of love.

It wasn't hard, I admit—it was the life many girls dream of.

Every morning, at precisely 9 a.m., the family hairdresser would arrive at our three-story mansion to style my hair for the day.

After that, countless tasks awaited me—coffee with my best friends, shopping, lunch. All this had to be finished no later than 2 p.m. when my driver Emilio would drive me home. At 2:30 p.m., my personal yoga or fitness instructor would come, depending on what workout I had scheduled for the day.

Usually, women were concerned about their weight, but my husband was obsessed with it and didn't allow me to gain even a gram. To love and make Dominic happy was the purpose of my life, so I sweated hard every day to keep myself in perfect shape.

After an hour's training, I had half an hour to shower and freshen up, and at 4 p.m., the masseuse would come.

At 5 p.m., I had to be ready to meet my husband from work.

Dominic and I usually spent weeknights in fine restaurants with friends or sometimes with his business partners.

Every Friday was ladies' night, which meant drinking exotic cocktails in luxury bars, while Dominic had men from his golf club over to our home to play poker, smoke Cuban cigars, and drink aged Scotch.

We traveled to exotic destinations on our private jet during the weekends and holidays. Once a month, we visited my parents in Providence.

The schedule changed only when organized events required Dominic and his wife's mandatory presence.

As for our intimate life... Well, over the years, the passion had invariably waned, but that was what Wednesdays were for. Dominic and I used to spend every Wednesday night in bed. That was my favorite time because then I had my husband only for myself—no work, no phone talking, no business or family commitments—only he and I.

Living on such a strict schedule, even planning sex, might have seemed strange to some, but I became used to it over the years.

Dominic could not stand chaos and spontaneity. Everything had to be planned, so his wife had to be like that, too.

Thus passed five happy years of married life.

Everything was perfect. I loved my husband more than anything in the world. And he loved me.

That's what I thought until the fateful 13th of May.

❤️ A/N ❤️

Thank you very much for reading Not A Trophy Wife!

If you enjoy the story, please support me by sharing it, voting on the chapters, and commenting! Your support means the world to me!