Chapter Twenty-Four

I woke up pretty early the next morning, considering we had been up until 5 a.m. We might have stayed longer if my father hadn't tactfully asked the guests to leave after noticing my tiredness. My parents went to Moonlight for the night.

I got up quietly so as not to disturb Jayden's sweet sleep. I made coffee and went outside. On the first step, one more surprise awaited me.

This one was not pleasant— Dominic was standing there.

"This is the second time you've made me come to this dump, Savannah!" he said gruffly.

"I didn't ask you to come! What are you doing here? You have the ring. You have the money! Leave me alone!"

Why the hell had he come? Didn't he think that all the pain he caused me was enough?

"Yeah. I see you ran to Daddy. Why? Didn't the mechanic have enough money?"

"Mind your own business, Dom! You said you'd sign the papers once I met your condition!"

"I changed my mind," Dominic said dismissively.

"See you in court then!" I crossed my arms nervously.

"Enough of your drama, Savannah! Enough is enough. You won't see any divorce. You'll only be free if I want you to be. Now, you're coming back with me!"

"I'm not going anywhere with you!"

"Who told you that you had a choice? You are my wife, and you will do as I say!"

"I am not your property!" I said defensively.

"On the contrary! You are my property! I didn't hear you complain while I was giving you everything you could have dreamed of in the last five years!"

"That was the biggest mistake of my life." My words came out with a great sad tone.

"Ungrateful bitch!" Suddenly Dominic raised his hand high, reaching for my face.

I covered myself with my hands.

But no slap followed.

I moved my hands away.

Jayden stood behind me. He was holding Dominic's hand. "Go inside, Savi!" Undisguised anger was evident in his voice.

The moment I stepped to the side, Jayden yanked Dom's arm away and punched him in the face with his other hand.

Dominic staggered back, but at the same moment, Jayden jumped at him and hit him again.

And again.

Punch after punch.

Dominic fell to the ground. Blood poured from his nose and mouth.

"Come on, you bastard! Try to hit me!" Jayden yelled like a madman. He stepped over Dominic, grabbed him by the shirt, and lifted him up. "Fight, you wretch!"

Another punch.

One more.

Jayden had no intention of stopping.

"Jayden!" I shouted and ran after him. I grabbed his hand and pulled it back. "Jayden, please! Stop it."

I tried to pull him with all my might, and we both fell backward.

At that moment, Dominic got up and started to leave. His feet buckled, and he nearly fell again. He supported himself with his hands on the ground, and a moment later, he ran at full speed to his car.

I rested my head on Jayden's back. My heart was racing; my hands were shaking.

"Are you okay?" Jayden asked me.