The meeting

Finally they were there

Anthony was pretty sure they were late and Raphael was probably waiting for them,worried. But it couldn't be helped. They were being followed for quite some time. It was like Angelica had a tracking device on her.

The old warehouse had been abandoned for years and no one came here anymore because of the instability of the building. Well,that and the fact a few years back he had threatened some thugs who decided that an abandoned facility for their "dealings". Unfortunately for them,anthony had arranged a meeting with raphael one such evening and the fools thought it would be a good idea to set an example out of raphael for "trespassing". Needless to say anthony gave them such a fright that after that night everyone called it "the haunted warehouse".

-We are here,said Anthony with a hint of anticipation while parking not far from the entrance. Raphael was waiting for them in front of the door.

-Oh good,you are finally here. I was starting to get concerned. Were you ambushed or something?

-Relax we just run into some old friends of hers,joked anthony pointing at Angelica as he always wanted to lighten up the mood to calm his best friend.

-My name is Angelica mister Raphael and i am very pleased to meet your acquaintance

-Oh nonsense dear,the pleasure is all mine. Truly. Anthony why are you staring like that?

Anthony was stunned. When had Angelica learned manners and no one had informed him?

- I dont know Raphael maybe because Angelica was being a pain from the first time i met her and now she is acting like a duchess in a royal gathering? Anthony said with clear annoyance and irony in his voice

-Anthony,please.

-Its okay Raphael. I actually enjoy his nasty little comments because when i introduce myself i will have many things against him,angelica pointed out with a smirk.

-Oh really? Well if you must know no one has the upper hand in an argument with Anthony ,his pride and confidence were clear in his voice.

- If you continue fighting then let me know so i can inform the Shadows not to bother with hunting her,her friend is taking care of that.

That comment came from a little girl no more than 10 years old with blond hair,pale skin and blue eyes. She was wearing a dress with flowers which was dirty with mud and dirt no doubt from inside the warehouse. She had been hiding behind Raphael.

-Ah,yes how inappropriate of me. This is Anna,unfortunately a few hours ago her family was hunted down and killed by shapeless shadowy forms. She managed to escape hidden inside a wardrobe. I feel responsible for her because these creatures were searching for something. This book.

The girl appeared from behind Raphael holding a leather book and she handed it over to Anthony

-It is the book i came here to buy. Her father practically gave it away saying it was "dangerous and unpredictable"

Anthony closed the book with force and anger

- And what does it say Raphael?

-Well i cant read it but im told that Angelica can...Anthony why are you looking at me like that? Raphael asked with distress in his voice because he feared Anthony would see him as the responsible of the murders.

- I am not an idiot and i centrainly dont like being fooled. You told me you came here to buy a book you have been searching for a time and now i am holding a book in a language i dont know and obviously neither do you,with a stranger i ran on the street that by chance is the only one who can read it and an orphan whose family was murdered for that book by the stranger's enemies and it seems everyone is well informed but me. I want explanations. Now