Police Station

-You better start talking or you will be in even bigger trouble.

-We have already explained everything,officer.And more than once.

-Well,mister Anthony,it seems you will need to explain it one more time because I am an idiot.At least that's how you treat me.

-You don't need to be so offensive sir.

The policeman got up,really angry this time,and smashed his fist down on the desk

-Offensive? You know what's offensive ma'am? Telling me stories that not even a toddler would believe and expect me to accept these explanations and let you go!

After that outburst he sat down again,put his elbows on the office while his fingers were massaging his temples and he sighed,feeling defeated.

-Let us put things in their proper order.For starters,neither of you have complete files. For you,miss Eve,we have absolutely nothing. According to our records,you don't exist. Not even a last name.The same can be said for you,mister Anthony. You don't have a last name,either but we managed to dig up some information about your past. However these events are inconsistent and not at the least helpful. You have made many trips abroad. New York,LA,Paris,Madrid and many more. Each ticket was booked under a different name so we didn't make the connection at first until we started searching based on your description. You have lived in London for the past couple years. That's all we were able to find. Any problems so far?

Eve and Antony looked at each other and calmly shook their head

-No? Oh good,it seems I just got lazy and decided to burden myself with unnecessary work just to keep myself occupied.Are you kidding me?! Do you have any idea how many laws you have violated? I can start today and finish the list tomorrow. You are in danger of going to jail.For a long time.Im trying to help you and instead you mock me.

-Look at the bright side,officer. If we go to trial then our files would finally be complete.

Eve and Anthony bursted into laughter after Eve's joke.

-That's it. I give up. You are arrested for usage of fake IDs,illegal traveling and hiding personal information from public services. That's it for now.Ι am sure if I reread the laws I will find tons of other violations.

As the officer turned around to leave,Eve stopped him with a calm, threatening voice full of confidence.

-Don't play games with us,officer. You don't know the rules anyway. You can't possibly believe these charges will stand up in court. You have no evidence, whatsoever,of a crime. All these "charges'' are simply scenarios you have created to explain the fact that you don't know anything about us. You would make a fool of yourself and the whole police department. No,no,no. You dont care one bit about Anthony's travels. All you care about is proving we took down that plane. Which we told you we didn't.

The man left the handle of the door and took his usual position behind the desk,smiling broadly,happy that they were getting right to the point.

-Oh,is that so? And who is it?

-Is it a habit of yours to ask the victims about the culprit's identity? Or should we consider ourselves special?

-No. I always pose that question to the suspects.

-Suspects? Or the last surviving members who are asked to take the blame just because they survived?

-So you were aboard that airplane?

-Yes! I told you twelve times already.

-Im sorry if I have offended you. You must understand,I am not being told everyday that someone survived a plane crush with two other passengers,all of which were not even bruised,traveled the forest for 7 days until they reached the highway, stopped a passing car and asked the driver to give them a ride to an apartment in the centre of Paris. Unfortunately for them,the driver was a reasonable man and notified the police right away. Do you see any gaps in the story?