Cracks that leak the truth

Paimon couldn't move. He was simply standing there with his mouth wide open and his hands slightly shaking.Eve continued to show him the phone and on the screen there were diagrams and numbers. Paimon wanted to cry. Not because of Eve stealing his phone,that was an everyday joke in comparison to what had happened in the past year but in truth,he wanted to cry for a while now,ever since all of this started but he tried to appear strong for his brother,who accused him bluntly of putting his personal feelings above the welfare of his family.

Needless to say,his emotional control right now was at its lowest and he chose anger instead of appearing vulnerable.

-I don't believe it,Eve! I am gone for two minutes and you search through my phone! You had no right to do that and frankly no reason either! You didn't steal my phone when we were together and you do it now?! What are you trying to do? Find out where your lowest is?

That last part was unnecessarily harsh and Paimon decided to stop talking after that but Eve wasn't going to let his outburst go unanswered.

- To answer your question,I don't know what my lowest is but I do know that my instincts are still at their peak. And since no one bothers to inform me what is happening outside of these walls,I have decided to take matters into my own hands. And this data isn't just problematic,it is downright alarming.

-Everything is under control,Eve.

-Good to know that the third class being on the brink of collapse is not something to concern myself about.

-You are overacting. In modern society,the third class is the most stable of them all. Of course,being stable and staying healthy are two different things but nevertheless...

Eve stopped listening to him and started scrolling down again which annoyed Paimon who tried to get his phone back but Eve raised her hand removing the phone from Paimon's reach.

-From the little I have seen and taking into consideration that I did all the calculations in my head,the average number of third class carriers that have requested transfer,which is always accompanied by a detailed report on why the bond they were in control of is beyond saving,has risen by 75%.Couples that were perfectly happy with each other are now filling up for divorce

-Oh Eve,for Spirits Sake,you know how they are. The carriers of that class are the most dramatic and emotional ones. This "crisis" you speak of is probably just one of their collective tantrums.Honestly,you would expect that after the humiliation and degradation the concept of romance has endured from humans in the past century or two,they would have become more resistant but no. They are still behaving like spoiled brats.Where are you going?

Eve had moved to the window and was looking outside with a worried look on her face. Then she sat down again and started accessing some files

-If it is,as you called it, a "collective tantrum",then they must have been organizing it for quite a while because the majority of the reports mention the exact same thing.

-Which is?

-Sudden and unexplained loss of romantic feelings towards a partner.

-They lost interest,in simpler terms. Today,that is the norm rather than the exception.

-Paimon,what is wrong with you? The third class is in serious danger,the moon hasn't risen which means that someone has returned from the dead,and you try to convince me that I am overacting.

-You are

-They are under attack! I know it,I recognize the signs from history books.Whatever is happening it is affecting solely the third class which is extremely strange. Normally the problems should have influenced the other classes as well.The broken couple should be going to complain and cry or search for solutions to save their relationships with their friends and family, straining these classes as well. But this doesn't seem to be the case. I checked. The first,second and fourth class are not only protected but i stead they seem to be thriving. The central class of this century is collapsing and the others are seemingly unaffected.Does this seem normal to you? Also,my energy lines have been pulsing since yesterday nonstop and Luna is nowhere to be seen. Someone who has been dead is back and is punishing the third class. Paimon,what if...?