Trip to the past

It was dark,despite the fact that the light of the torches dominated the corridor. It seemed like a constant darkness was always present,the kind that you don't see but you can feel in every fiber of your being,that a simple fire was not enough to penetrate. It needed something more. It needed life.

The sound of metal clicking made them hide quickly behind a corner. When the soldiers were gone Paimon signaled them to follow him and after they walked fifty meters or so,he opened a door and they all hid inside,safe,for the time being.

The moment the door closed behind him they all breathed a sigh of relief. Haures was the first to speak after he settled Thanos down on the bed,who surprisingly hasnt woken up despite the sound of doors opening and closing,metal armours banging against eachother due to the close proximity of the guards doing patrols and random screams of Shadows being tortured.

-We need a plan. We didn't come here to hide.

-You are right but there is no need for us to get caught when we just arrived. Paimon,are you sure no-one is coming in here?

-This is my old room and I used to be away a lot for obvious reasons so there is no danger of my past self walking through these doors and I highly doubt anyone would dare set foot inside the chambers of one of the Princes. We can stay here for as long as we need to.

-But that only solves one of our problems. We need to interact with them. Eve must come in contact with Fate and befriend her if necessary in order for us to find her weak spot and use it.

-We will need disguises for that.

-Not necessarily. The multiverse itself has something that resembles an "immune system" to avoid the interaction between past,present and future which could break its structural consistency of energy lines. So the moment we stepped out of the portal our energy lines immediately started swifting and changed our appearances and energy signature to match this time period. We can still see each other as we normally are but only us. As long as we dont touch our past selves we have nothing to worry about technically. The problem is to the eyes of the guards and everyone else we are still strangers,meaning intruders. And we all know what we did to them at that time.

-If we are done with the preschool physic's lesson Eve should have taken an age 5 but obviously didn't,can we get back to the matter at hand? I...

At that moment the door suddenly opened and for a moment everyone's breath caught in their throats until they saw it was only a little girl who obviously was trying to hide from her friends in midst of playing but Haures was still concerned and tried to kick her out but the little girl proved to be faster than him and easily escaped his grasp and moved to the center of the room where she stood looking all three of them curiously and excitedly.

-No,I am not going. I am hiding.

Eve decided not to follow Haures's somewhat aggressive approach and knelt down in front of the child trying to look as kind and unthreatening as possible because if this girl got scared and started screaming,they would all be in big trouble.

-Don't be afraid,sweetie. We are hiding too so if you don't make a sound none of us is going to get caught. What's your name,little one?

-Johanna, ma'am, and I am not little because I have a big brain and even bigger ambitions.

-And an even louder voice

Johanna pouted hearing Haures's rude remark but she quickly got over and showed him her tongue mockingly and approached him trying to look threatening while in truth she was adorable.

-Yeah,I speak loudly because even though I am little I have learned that no one really listens even though they have ears so if I cannot be heard at least I won't be ignored.