Family Problems

Two weeks before

Eve has been staying with the Princes for three days now and needless to say she was starting to get bored but,Surprisingly,she was feeling quite calm and relaxed.

At the moment she was sitting on the marble floor of the garden reading a book she had gotten from the library. For some strange reason she always preferred the Shadow's literature over their own. She found it more intriguing and honest.Their books have always made her feel like she was gazing at the ocean at sunset when under the dim light you could clearly every movement of the waves and you think that the bottom of the sea is hidden to you but if you look closely you will discover all the hidden beautiful details the bright light of the sun hides.

On the contrary,her people's literature was like the blazing sun in the middle of the afternoon.So bright and hot that distracts you from all things around you and captures all your attention.Some times their books are so full of self praise that they end up tiring.

Right now she was reading the autobiography of Charlus Dance. He used to be Haures's High Priest a very long time ago at a time where Thanos wasn't even created and Haures was a cruel and merciless tyrant. The multiverses may be destroyed when that doesn't mean that all knowledge that was acquired during that time. They had taken precautions against that. That's why every book's cover was coated with pure universal energy lines and when the multiverse collapsed,the books were being stored inside its remains,having a different form and when the time was right they would take their original shape inside the new multiverse.

Charlus Dane lived during the era of the previous multiverse. He wanted to record everything that was happening but Haures was too dictatorial to allow something like that to fool him,Charlus wrote his autobiography in secret and hid the book. When Haures found it in the present multiverse,he decided not to destroy it but to keep it. Maybe as a reminder of a past he wasn't proud of. Charlus chose not to be reincarnated,despite having the option as High Priest. No one really understood why. Some say he just got tired. Others that he was afraid of. Whatever the reason may be,one thing is for sure. Charlus never got to see Haures change and transform into the leader Charlus hoped for the Shadows.

As Eve continued reading the book,she was feeling more afraid and intrigued by the second.Charlus was describing with every detail the horrible tortures Haures would put through anyone who didn't fulfill his duties to perfection and even then no one was safe.He wrote about the public humiliations,Haures's short temper and fierce anger and Paimon's incapability to calm his brother down.

Eve couldn't believe what she was reading at times. She had known Haures ever since she was a little child and what she had lived was the exact opposite of what Charlus was documenting.Eve had never heard Haures raise his voice. He was the most calming and controlled individual she had ever known,although his face expressions would always reveal the extent of his emotions.

Whenever someone failed,Haures would always try to find a solution but that didn't mean that his frustration and disappointment weren't visible. On the contrary,Haures was the type you wish he would scream at you rather than look at you disappointed.But under no circumstances would he hit anyone,let alone humiliate them in public.

Eve decided to take a break from reading and enjoy tonight's night sky full of stars. With her eyes she was searching for the moon. She knew the lunar calendar by heart and so she knew that tonight there was a full moon,which she didn't see. As much as her gaze shifted,the bright full moon was nowhere in sight.

Slightly concerned,she stood up, carefully placed the old book on the white table and walked away from the garden,in the desert with the red sand.She started walking in circles but to no avail.In the end,she was forced to admit that there wasn't a full moon tonight.