3.3

Aizawa came back home just before daylight even peeked over the horizon. The night was pretty calm. Much more calmer than he was comfortable with. Rolling his shoulders back he walked through the front door expecting Daisuke to still be asleep.

" 'ood Mornin'!" Daisuke waved, sitting on the kitchen counter with a bowl of cereal.

Aizawa went to say something but instead nodded and headed straight for the shower.

"I got a question." Daisuke quickly followed behind the exhausted man.

"Can it wait?" Aizawa grumbled.

" Yes bu' I'm 'eady 'o 'end the email." Daisuke swallowed the remaining cereal.

Aizawa went to close the bathroom door, Daisuke barely squeezing in, "I just need you to say yes or no. Preferably yes."

"What is it?" Aizawa sighed, opening the door signaling for the boy to leave.

Daisuke didn't move to leave, "Since you picked out a student from General Studies, can I also extend a lending hand to someone from the Heroics course?"

Aizawa blinked. "You. Want to help someone. From the heroics course?"

Daisuke cringed hearing it being repeated back to him. "Yeah. I know. Let's not dwell on it too much or I'll just not end up doing it."

"Who is it?" Aizawa asked, intrigued.

"Some kid whose ego is also as big as mine when I hit puberty." Daisuke held an imaginary microphone out to Aizawa. "Your response?"

"Are they from 1-A?"

"No. Any further questions will be put on hold until I've got a response." Daisuke quickly added.

Aizawa raised a brow, "Alright. Sure."

Daisuke's imaginary mic went away and pulled out his phone, "Great! Let me just send out the email– see if this kid even reads them– I'm sure your little general studies kid wouldn't mind being introduced as a training partner."

"You're going to train them both?"

"Nah, just introduce them." Daisuke dismissed him, "Actually, Maybe. I don't know. Yes? I'll give your kid a training plan and all if you want but everyone needs a partner to train with or at least have a bit of a rivalry going on if they want to push themselves."

Aizawa watched Daisuke type away on his phone. "May I have some privacy to shower now?"

"Just a sec. I need a voice recording of you saying 'I approve'." Daisuke held out his phone towards Aizawa's face. The hero tilting his head back.

"I... approve–?"

"Great! I'll leave you to your beauty time now." Daisuke grinned, rushing out of the bathroom.

Aizawa felt the heaviness of an ache emerge at the front of his head.

Later in the day Daisuke made sure Aizawa's curtains were snatched open letting the afternoon sun pour through, pulling the underground hero from his exhausting slumber.

'He's acting strange,' Aizawa's gut told him. Everything in him was setting off alarms signaling something wrong with Daisuke.

But a small, rational, part of him kept repeating 'This is what he does.'  'He's always done this'. 'Nothing's out of place.'